Sidewalk tearout update.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the where they were replacing all the sidewalks in the main business district . Numerous 1800's coins were found by myself and two others. Phase I was completed earlier. (All new cement poured on one side of the street). The sidewalks were removed on the other side of the street just before the Labor Day weekend which gave us the entire weekend to detect. I only recovered 3 coins and a stem piece from a clay pipe.
While we were detecting, a guy in a pickup pulls up and asks how we're doing. I showed him the coins I recovered. He said he had heard about the coins we found earlier and asked about them too. Then he pointed out where certain business's used to be and suggested we look there. He was really excited about the finds and asked if we would give a "show and tell" to some of the business owners and city counsel members. Then he hands me his business card. Turns out he was the Mayor! He was as excited about our finds as we were.
Shortly after he left, another guy pulls up and tells us about a place a few miles from town where there used to be several church congregations that held picnics many years ago but that will have to be another story.
Anyway, here are my finds for the day.

Attachments

• 090806 001.jpg
    090806 001.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 938
  • 090806 002.jpg
    090806 002.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 928
  • 090806 003.jpg
    090806 003.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 924
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bk

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is another pic. of the site.

Attachments

• 090706 001.jpg
    090706 001.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 935

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B K Nice job again.. Follow up on those leads and keep us posted

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stud564

Jun 7, 2006
algona, iowa
Bk you are my favorite. i love reading your posts and looking at your always awesome finds. Love it!!!!!!!! keep digging them up.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I just wanted to let you know I'm going out tonight in urban camo with sledgehammers and battery acid. I think my local old business district will need to replace sidewalks soon ;D. Nice finds, I've tried to be the first at sidewalk replacements, but all I find is craters >:(.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Congrats of the finds! Now get in there and get the Mayor and businesses to tear up all their sidewalks for ya. LOL

Axel

Sep 3, 2006
Australia , NSW
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
!!! you got no idea how bad i want my new BH IV... it will arrive at the postoffice this week...

y'all stop teasing me !! ;D

i may have to just use my old crappy radioshack until then... for some reason the needle keeps creeping up , even while it's in mid-air... oh well , nuff of my wussing. ;D

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Not bad bk!

If you have any unique ideas on how to ruin sidewalks (without getting caught) so they must be replaced, let me know.

Badger

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BK,

Awesome finds again, again & again.

;) RR

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
Very Nice!!
The area looks like a very peaceful place to detect. Keep going and Enjoy the hunt!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(~sigh~)

Sometimes I wish we had sidewalks! :D Did I already say that? ;D

Awesome BK!

;)

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Nice work Bk, now if that was Me being met by the Mayor, It would probably be to kick My sorry *** out of there
not to have a ticker tape parade- -LOL
;D ;D ;D
Always love you story and pics!!
congrats & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread