Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
Cool show, amazing what you can do when you have the latest technology and alot of money. Just wondering if the French are going to hastle these guys until they can no longer take it. They need some mercenaries along side them, we would take care of those cheese eating crepe pansies!

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
I don't know what the point of putting back the tusk was but i did notice what looked like a sh*t load of coins all over the ocean floor in plain site ....maybe its just me ...
one track mind..............at the end of the show when they release the tusk and are just looking at it sitting on the ocean floor ...look around and tell me you don't see coin's

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
When they initially investigated what looked like coins, they turned out to be scallops.

I thought that putting back the tusk was really hypocritical (but good PR) when set alonside the fact that they removed ALL the coins from the so-called Black Swan. They seemed to be hiding behind the fact that trading in ivory is now outlawed, but would giving the tusk to a museum/university have been illegal?

However, I have to say that the program was fascinating and gave Odyssey a heap of good publicity.

Mariner

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link Jeff, I am getting the Discovery Channel out of India, and they are showing shows I saw a year ago back in Florida. So lord knows when we will get to see it over this way.

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions