Of Batteries and Bikinis

Bodyguard

Mar 11, 2007
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
BH Sharpshooter II
Because I always listen to the wonderful people on these boards, I ALWAYS carry at least one extra set of batteries with me in my bag. Yesterday morning, the better half wanted to shop, so I figgered she could drop me off at the local tot lot and park, and I could play while she did some errands. I opened the bag, grabbed the detector, my digger, and I made sure I grabbed my permit, as the rangers here seem to be cracking down a bit.
Anyway, she pulls off, I assemble the detector, and turn it on. I hear the 3 distinct tones that my BH gives me at start up, and proceed to hunt. I spy a piece of foil, and just for the heck of it, swing the coil over the foil. No tone????. I turn the machine off, then on; hear the three tones and proceed to swing again. Still no tone over the foil. One more time. No tones. My batteries have gone to the big 9 volt warehouse in the sky. That's okay. I've got extra batteries. They are right in the carrying case, in the van, that my wife pulled away in about 5 minutes before. DU-OH
Now that was my morning.... About 2 o'clock,in the afternoon, I'm outnumbered in the vote, and am told we are going to the shore. I figger what the heck, I'll get SOME detecting in.
I'm on the beach, with my MD, Digger, pouch, and camera. In addition to MD'ing, I'm also trying to get some nice bikini photographs without ticking too many people off. (especially my better half). About 20 yards away is this beautiful girl, in a very skimpy bikini, dancing, singing, carrying on (without music) and generally just enjoying life. Well I shuffle past, and continue my way up the beach. Very disappointing run. On my way back, I passed the same girl. The next thing I know she comes running (bouncing all the way) up, and throws down 2, twenty dollar bills, and 2 credit cards. I told her that I wasn't allowed to take them because they didn't make the machine beep. She said, I just thought you might like to find something exciting on the beach. I winked, and told her I found her much more exciting than the money and cards, but my wife probably wouldn't let me take her home either. I don't think she was being a smart a$$; I just think she was having fun. Thinking about it this morning however, I have a question: Could the field generated by the coil, demagnetize her credit card/ATM???
JR

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
So you've got a young girl in a skimpy bikini throwing money AND credit cards at you. Now remind me again about what batteries were dead? LOL ;)

Daryl

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
BioProfessor said:
So you've got a young girl in a skimpy bikini throwing money AND credit cards at you. Now remind me again about what batteries were dead? LOL ;)

Daryl
ROFLMAO, It will take a lot more than a MD to demagnitize a card. Don't fret that one.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They get worse than that at airport security check-points.

Now, where are these pictures?

S

stefen

This the one?

Attachments

• full-set-shop-lrg.jpg
    full-set-shop-lrg.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,053
  • full-set-shop-lrg.jpg
    full-set-shop-lrg.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,019

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if the wife saw that -----your "battery" would be most likely be "dead" for awhile---either that or she would have to "recharge" you that night--funny how that works ---its one or the other---mirrored sunglasses are the only way for married men to go to the "beach" ---Ivan

OP
OP
Bodyguard

Bodyguard

Mar 11, 2007
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
BH Sharpshooter II
stoney56 said:
Don't think it would bother the magnetic strips. Did you happen to get some pics of your Best Find? ;)
This is the one shot I was able to get of the lady in question.
As for the wife, she thinks the whole thing is rather funny. She knows why I take the camera to the beach. :) She says if I stop looking... I'm dead.... but if I do anything other than look, watch out for frying pans

Attachments

• blond.jpg
    blond.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 964

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i dont think the coil will hurt her card but it may put a dent in your head when your wife nails you with it! ;D...be carefull snappin them pictures out there! ;)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bodyguard said:
She says if I stop looking... I'm dead.... but if I do anything other than look, watch out for frying pans
Hahahahaahaha....Think you are Dead either way...HH and looks like you have been..LOL

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Martha.jpg

Martha's watching ya!

Attachments

• Martha.jpg
    Martha.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 896

mirage hunter

Jun 4, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 PRO XL
Looks Like nothing compares to beach hunting!! YOU FOUND GOLD!! CAN ANYONE SAY ****JACK POT*** ;D ;D ;D It sounds like your better half has a good sense of humor!! Good thing!!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I don't know, but I think I would have to have made a quick scan of her.....oh yea, you're married. Never mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread