Off to a good start!

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't posted for a while. I just didn't feel like it. I'm a little excited about the first week of 2015 so here I am. =)

Yesterday I went to a park I've been to on numerous occasions. I've never found any gold there until now. It's the Black Hills type ring. I was super happy.

Then today I drove to about 15 miles to a soccer complex. I'd never found gold their either. I was there with a friend of mine. I mentioned to him that none of us had found a gold chain in about 5 years. Then a half hour later out popped this nice 14k mens bracelet. 19.4 grams. Woo Hoo! It was about 5 inches deep and sounded like foil. It was very low on the scale. Way below a nickel.

Then about 10 minutes later out pops a 1999 class ring. It's the first 14k class ring I've seen. It also has 4 diamonds. Blurry pic with my phone.

The pendant I can't claim. My friend found it last week. I don't know how much it weighs but it's about the size of a 50 cent piece. He doesn't post online so I'm showing it off. It's 14k and no doubt an antique. I'm a tad jealous of this find.

Attachments

• reings 002.jpg
    reings 002.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 129
  • gold ring 2 005.jpg
    gold ring 2 005.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 136
  • ring 1 of 2015 005.jpg
    ring 1 of 2015 005.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 134
  • ring 1 of 2015 003.jpg
    ring 1 of 2015 003.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 10

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds! I am thinking I need to start mentioning to my friends that I haven't found this or that next time we're out together. Might bring me luck too.

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go. Let me think a minute, what haven't I found, I wish it was that easy....lol Congrats on the GOLD, great saves! I do seem to have a bit of a lucky charm, it seems like every time my wife calls me to check in, within minutes I find something. Good luck in 2015, you're off to a great start!

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, awesome finds!!!! All in one day is just amazing. I love the gold, just beautiful. TFS & HH

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't posted for a while. I just didn't feel like it. I'm a little excited about the first week of 2015 so here I am. =)

Yesterday I went to a park I've been to on numerous occasions. I've never found any gold there until now. It's the Black Hills type ring. I was super happy.

I mentioned to him that none of us had found a gold chain in about 5 years. Then a half hour later out popped this nice 14k mens bracelet. 19.4 grams.

This is odd. In 1987 in NYC, a guy walks up to me an asks if I wanted to by a Gold Bracelet for $30. I look at it and on the clasp it's stamped 18K. He claimed he needed money to pay his rent. So I bought it.

When I got it, it looked like the one you found. Here's what it looks like now (mine turned out NOT to be Gold):

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420818514.649978.jpg

Last edited:

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Congratulations on the great start to 2015. personally I've never found any jewelry. Good luck on your hunt in the future!

OP
OP
Fix

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is odd. In 1987 in NYC, a guy walks up to me an asks if I wanted to by a Gold Bracelet for $30. I look at it and on the clasp it's stamped 18K. He claimed he needed money to pay his rent. So I bought it.

When I got it, it looked like the one you found. Here's what it looks like now (mine turned out NOT to be Gold):

View attachment 1103910

Sorry to hear you were suckered into buying a fake bracelet. The 30 dollar price tag was a gigantic red flag. The guy could sell the bracelet at any pawn shop for hundreds of dollars if it was genuine. I assure you that mine is real. I'm not sure why you consider it odd.

I had my doubts at first too because of the color of the bracelet. Trust me I made sure it was gold before posting it online. ...

One of the links is broken in half. I can clearly see it's solid all the way through. It passes the 14k acid test with flying colors.

I can see in the picture I posted where it might look like there's some corrosion. There's not.

Don't take any Wooden Nickels.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the awesome gold finds, my 14k man's necklace was fake, it happens unfortunately but glad that yours is real.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the gold finds!

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear you were suckered into buying a fake bracelet. The 30 dollar price tag was a gigantic red flag. The guy could sell the bracelet at any pawn shop for hundreds of dollars if it was genuine. I assure you that mine is real.

I'm not sure why you consider it odd.

What I found odd was that it was identical to mine (design wise); right down to the clasp lock.

I'm happy that your Bracelet turned out to be REAL GOLD tho.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread