Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie said:
Our community is very proud of our history. This year we completed an arch at a cost of 80,000 dollars. Thought you might enjoy.

310738_2424818739096_1210348133_4945102_8335316_n.jpg

WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU CTH4 HUNTERS

Burdie

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:

Burdie will be hunting some spots with us, and if you may had noticed on the past 3 hunts, he as the host/hunt master put his guests 1st and not participated as a hunter. He will be closely monitoring the digging of others and I know some of the hunt areas will be in people's yard. Those yards will be hunted and finds dug & hole covered in utmost care...respect these owner's property. Most of all, if an owner is around & about...stop and take the time to thank them for allowing us to hunt there.

Please read & heed Burdie's information/rules/regulations

Thank You!
:headbang:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie said:
CTH4 Schedule:​

[size=12pt]Friday: We will meet at the Senior Center to meet and greet from 2:30 pm to 5:30. Cookies and tea will be served. When you first get here, please pick up name tag and sign waiver release. Also sign Larry's thank you letters. Pick up shirts if you ordered one. We have ink prints from Tom Phillip (Baldingboy) for sale. ($5) They are signed and numbered.

Saturday: Meet at Senior Center at 8:00am to sign waiver if you have not done so. Otherwise meet between 8:30 to 9:00 am. for main hunt. This will be where the brass disks will be hidden. You can use the Bathrooms at the Senior Center. You can hang around inside where it is cool during the day. I will have water to drink at the Center. Bring your own at the site. You will follow me to the hunt site. You can come and go at this site to check the town out.
Saturday: 6:30 to 9:00pm at Senior Center for supper and handing out prizes.

Sunday: 8:30 to 9:30am. Breakfast will be at Senior Center. Attend cowboy church which is just music or any other church in town. Bottle hunting is at your pleasure from 9:30 to ??. You're on your own for lunch. You can dig at either bottle sites. One is at the first site we hunted. The other is south of town where some dug the last time. Metal detecting starts at 1:00pm. Meet at Senior Center and follow me. You will see CTH signs in yards and it is OK to detect there. MAKE PLUGS AND COVER UP HOLES!! These are my friends and neighbors please don't make me regret getting these places to hunt for you. You can go to the school to rest and visit if you like. There is shade.
Sunday: 7:00 to 10:00 Cook out, will furnish hotdogs, chips, and marshmallows. You furnish anything else you want.

Monday: 9:00am cattle drive down town. They may have cow patty bingo. You are on your own till 12:30pm. Meet at 12:30 at Senior Center and we will go to the next site. I can't take it any longer I will have to hunt too, Monday. When you have all you want in hunting have a safe trip home.

I want to thank you all for coming and I sure hope you have a great time. God Bless!!

Stan and Vicki

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE A T & T ..... YOU WILL HAVE NO CELL PHONE SERVICE IN CALDWELL!

Stan's cell for EMERGENCY is 1 - 620 - 517 -0061 ! And then of course if you're in a hotel some of your family can reach you ! :icon_sunny:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie said:
I talked to Stephen and he is sending hobo coins to CTH4. These are not the coins but examples of them.

P8310002.JPG BANK_ROBBER1.jpg CHEIF1.jpg About a 30 dollar value.
Bank_Robber Chief Knight

Thank you Steph they are appreciated.

Burdie

Burdie said:
Texan Connection sent me Gold and Silver for prizes. My camera is on the blink I don't have pics.
Thank you TC you're the man.

Burdie

River Rat said:
KNIGHT1.jpg

My contribution as door prizes...2 lucky people are gonna a win a jar of crawfish jelly, and one lucky person is gonna carry home a basketful of Cajun goodies.

Attachments

• P8310002.JPG
    P8310002.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 237

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Though it does not mention on the Caldwell website...I'm listing the available places to eat, this includes Burdie's planned luncheons for us...in the meantime, if someone happens to get hungry.

Food!

Town

Friday

Saturday @ 5:30 Chuck Wagon Dinner

Sunday Morn Biscuits & Gravy
6:00pm BBQ

Monday Pancake Breakfast
12:00 Calf Fry

Burdie

Friday Cookies & Tea

Saturday Supper @ Senior Center

Sunday Breakfast @ Senior Center
Cookout (place to be determined)

Monday On your own!

Other establishments to eat...

Red Barn - This is usually the place we all ate breakfast, lunch, supper when time permitted...with the crowds for the weekend...well :dontknow: Red Barn will be closed on Monday morning.

Steve's Pizza - For pizza lovers

Last Chance Bar & Grill - Here again the town's event, may not find a seat...many times we walked in and had to walk out due to no available seating; always jammed packed.

One Stop - Burdie says it's good & you can always find something there to eat.

Bite - Not Rated

Town Vendors - Possibility there will be a few with "munchies" Kolaches (didn't see it listed on the Events)

For those staying @ Motel 6, the Mexican restaurant is open...Burdie & Bill are eating there now, they will let me know if it's all good.

For those staying in Blackwell - You have your choice of a little of every known eating establishment there is.

For those camping - Cooking your own meal? All the cows in the back pasture, hopefully will be accounted for after this event is over.

bill-USA said:
River Rat said:
For those staying @ Motel 6, the Mexican restaurant is open...Burdie & Bill are eating there now, they will let me know if it's all good.

Lunch was good, the company was great! Stan's getting excited

Lunch, had chicken enchiladas (comes with small salad, refried beans, and rice. More than I'd normally want to eat. Menu said $7.50 the place has my approval. My approval and lots of change will get you a cup of coffee at McD's.

Forgot, corn chips and salsa as an appetizer was brought out without us asking.

bill-USA said:
Special Announcement!

By special request the Mexican restaurant will open at 6:00 AM Saturday, Sunday, an Monday for all the TNet folks that are staying at the Motel 6.

Thought some of you would appreciate knowing in advance!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bill-USA said:
Okay folks, here are the menus. One is breakfast and the other is their normal all the time menu. Looks to me like they've gone overboard to make us happy!
Breakfast 001.JPG
Breakfast 002.JPG

In addition, I just talked with the pastry shop owner, and she said she'd call the restaurant and see if they could work something out. So there may, and I emphasis MAY be breakfast pastries available also........ See y'all there!

Oh, the time stamp is Arizona time. I need to change the camera! RR, no work to do. Didn't expect they'd already have it printed up.
They had a sign in the window early this morning. Must have put it up last night.

bill-USA said:
BTW, El Pueblito translates to "small town". I had to ask.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Burdie said:
CTH4 Schedule:​

[size=12pt]Friday: We will meet at the Senior Center to meet and greet from 2:30 pm to 5:30. Cookies and tea will be served. When you first get here, please pick up name tag and sign waiver release. Also sign Larry's thank you letters. Pick up shirts if you ordered one. We have ink prints from Tom Phillip (Baldingboy) for sale. ($5) They are signed and numbered.

Saturday: Meet at Senior Center at 8:00am to sign waiver if you have not done so. Otherwise meet between 8:30 to 9:00 am. for main hunt. This will be where the brass disks will be hidden. You can use the Bathrooms at the Senior Center. You can hang around inside where it is cool during the day. I will have water to drink at the Center. Bring your own at the site. You will follow me to the hunt site. You can come and go at this site to check the town out.
Saturday: 6:30 to 9:00pm at Senior Center for supper and handing out prizes.

Sunday: 8:30 to 9:30am. Breakfast will be at Senior Center. Attend cowboy church which is just music or any other church in town. Bottle hunting is at your pleasure from 9:30 to ??. You're on your own for lunch. You can dig at either bottle sites. One is at the first site we hunted. The other is south of town where some dug the last time. Metal detecting starts at 1:00pm. Meet at Senior Center and follow me. You will see CTH signs in yards and it is OK to detect there. MAKE PLUGS AND COVER UP HOLES!! These are my friends and neighbors please don't make me regret getting these places to hunt for you. You can go to the school to rest and visit if you like. There is shade.
Sunday: 7:00 to 10:00 Cook out, will furnish hotdogs, chips, and marshmallows. You furnish anything else you want.

Monday: 9:00am cattle drive down town. They may have cow patty bingo. You are on your own till 12:30pm. Meet at 12:30 at Senior Center and we will go to the next site. I can't take it any longer I will have to hunt too, Monday. When you have all you want in hunting have a safe trip home.

I want to thank you all for coming and I sure hope you have a great time. God Bless!!

Stan and Vicki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread