Oh how sweet it is!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To date I've done 2 boxes of halves. Skunked the first time and scored 1 40%'er out of the 2nd box. So yesterday I call to order another box from the bank where I got the 40%'er . to my amazement they said we already have some. Cool, but as I'm driving there I think, hmmm I bet they are someones dumps. That's why they seemed so eager to get rid of them on the phone.
I asked the teller if I could open the box and they were MWR. I busted it this morning and GOT MY FIRST 90% WHOOT WHOOT a 1952 Franklin! As well as 2 40%'ers and 3 NIFC and one interesting clad....I happen to fumble it while sorting and it made a strange sound. I can't figure out what's different about it but it definitely is making a different sound then other clad. Doesn't look silver at all but it's just kinda weird.
Anywho.....SILVER , YEAH!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More than likely it's got a Mexican peso or a British penny inside

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
No ding in the t on mine.

The ding on mine looks like it's from being dropped on the ground or something. Maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like a normal half but sounds much different

Thats how I found mine too, I was move from 1 hand to the other and kept hearing something different, I kept looking back and forth through them till I found that the Bicentenial had 2 faces.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats how I found mine too, I was move from 1 hand to the other and kept hearing something different, I kept looking back and forth through them till I found that the Bicentenial had 2 faces.

Is your obverse reverse off? Mine is off a quarter turn.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Is your obverse reverse off? Mine is off a quarter turn.

Mine is opposite of each other, if you just flipped the coin over it would be facing the same way, if that makes sense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread