Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyways, I was doing work on my computer upstairs, listening to music through a pair of earbuds. I heard a noise through the rather loud music, coming from the hallway around 10 feet away from me. I couldn't really tell what it was because of my music, so I removed my earbuds and went to see if anyone was upstairs. I decided to go downstairs and ask my family if they heard anything upstairs, right as I said that I could hear it again. It sounded exactly like a shooter marble being dropped from a few feet, and rolling down the uneven floors, sharp, but very loud from the echoing of the hard wide pine floors and the stillness in the air. It sounded a little bit like my dog playing with his chew antler upstairs too, and dropping it in the floor repeatably. For five minutes, twice a minute or so, I would hear those noises, as crisp and clear as possible coming from the upstairs hallway. My whole family was standing below listening, and in shock. I suggested, "Probably a mouse or rat playing in the wall." The response was, "This is clearly the sound of something hard hitting the floor, not something banging around in the wall, and is not coming from any wall or ceiling. I went in the hallway a few times, it never happened when I was there. When I went at the bottom of the hallway stairs, it would happen again. My house isn't very tall, it looks more like a one story from the outside than a two story, so the staircase is only around 8 feet tall or so. Anyways, I finally said loudly, "Oh my god, why won't this stop!" It happened quietly and faintly one more time, like the volume knob being turned down on the radio, then it never happened again. I now remember the previous owners, a family with two toddlers, casually saying, "Oh yeah, don't be surprised if you sometimes hear what sounds like a big marble being dropped upstairs, we think the house is haunted!" What is a little weird is that when on a walk around town today with the family, I stopped by the old cemetery and visited the grave of the man who built my house around the 1740's. I was kneeling at the foot of his grave to read the long inscription at the bottom, loudly reading it to my family, it was basically saying, "Remember me, for I was once alive like all of you are, and how I am now, eventually you will be, so live life to the fullest and prepare to one day follow me." Perhaps he wanted to make his presence known here? Anyways, I thought that this was a little bit interesting, and thought that it would be cool to share. What is the weirdest thing you have ever had happen in your house?

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh no, I just heard it again, coming from the upstairs bathroom next to the hallway, much quieter than before though. I heard it right as I Googled, "marble on floor, paranormal." I also got a weird feeling when walking through there. Considering how frequent the sound is, I am assuming that it is probably not paranormal.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm determined to solve the mystery, I will let you know how my investigations work out.

iWeld

Aug 26, 2017
Warrensburg Mo
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grab your detector and wave it around in the air see if you can get an EMF signal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Daughter does ghost hunting in NJ. She’s actually out on an investigation as I type this! I’m sure you can find someone in your area that could do an investigation. Search for paranormal investigators . She always comes home with evidence, either a sound or something moved... like Ghost Hunters on TV. She does the same. Has all the equipment !Good luck![emoji106]

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Whenever I go to check it, it stops! My aunt who lives in Maine is an avid ghost hunter, the minute she found out that we bought a 270 year old house, she has been dying to drive down to it and check it out. I think it is time to call my family "ghost buster" lol.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was searching for a house to buy,, I was told that a house was said to be haunted by a lady who died in her twenties. I just responded, "That's great! I can use the company"

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I worked at an office job that had a warehouse that ran 2 to 3 shifts. We had an emergency paging systems for eves and fire drills. No-one had the code except for a small few. I was working late one night and searched for scary noises on the internet. I played them and paged the warehouse over the phone and let the noises run at random for a few weeks. I then quit because other things got in the way. Several weeks after that I was sitting in an all hands manager meeting and the subject of third shift came up. Our night guy flat out refused to work the witching hours because same very weird noises happen after hours in the warehouse. Pure gotcha here I never said it was me

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer your question. Yes and no...:laughing7:

I think I've talked about this in another post somewhere...

The house I grew up in is supposedly haunted. No record anywhere of when it was built. They have been searching that out for years. They do have it narrowed down to mid to late 1800's. based on construction. Our family owned it since the early 1900's. All of the older family were born in and died in the house, there were even funerals held in it in the early years. A lot of people have lived there. We even have a wall of names and dates. It's never been painted or messed with, its in a stair well and everyone that has lived there has put their name.

Ok..Out of all those people...I'm supposedly the only one that has never seen it. My step brother who was older, that didn't believe in that crap, woke the whole house up at 3 in the morning, shaking and was white as a ghost. I've even sat up late at nights watching and looking. And I have never seen a thing. My Mom saw it a few times and was actually sick afterwards because of here beliefs. She believes it's "Evil"... My Grandfather who doesn't believe in all that stuff and told me he saw it and still couldn't make any sense of it. He also claimed his parents saw it along with his brother and sisters. My Dad and step mom claim to see it every so often. The list goes on Aunts and uncles too. They all have seen this thing!

I actually feel left out! I've looked for it since my teens! I want to see it!!:laughing7:

They all have the same description of a Black shadowy figure, from what they can make out, he is wearing a hat, a tall one from the late 1800's. They all claim you can make up some detail, but it's dark, a little more than an average shadow, more defined, thicker. No one can remember feet or legs. But can describe it bending over, going up and down the stair case, looking for something or going about a day type thing. My Mom and Grandfather did describe a small dog with him.

My Dad has the top hat or one like it, that has been passed down through the family.

Noises? Ya, everyone has heard noises, it's an old airy house, compared to todays construction. Everyone has stories of noises....My personal experience I've always been able to write off, there is nothing I can say for sure that can't be explained. Doors open and close(wind). As kids we had our bed shake. Well? I was a kid was it me just barely asleep? I think so. The weirdest thing that ever happened to me. I was laying in bed and my closet doors opened. There was one on both sides of the room, huge unfinished eve(?) closets. They both opened about an inch or so, then close, a little while later open again, Then the bedroom door would do the same. So...I thought well? That's the wind(and probably was) I asked.."Are you ----- ----? And they all shut and that was it for the night. To this day? I still question that and can say it was probably wind. There were other things but nothing big, nothing definite, at least for me...

There are a ton of stories to that house from everyone that has lived in it. My Dad is comforted by it because he believes it's a past family member and even has the name(that i lined out above when I asked)''

But...It's one of those things, I believe that you get one or two that think they see something years and years ago, and it spreads like fire, everyone sees it!!! Every noise? Is the "Ghost".

I'm still on the fence! I'll be a believer when I see it! I've been watching for years...Most sightings happened between 12 and 4 in the morning or about. I've asked everyone alive that say they have seen this thing a million questions!:laughing7: Why can't I see it? :laughing7:

Probably? Because it's all in their minds? The rumor fueled imagination and fear? I don't know I'm still open!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it sounds like a harmless ghost.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Set up a camera in the hallway, and put some marbles on the floor. If they move, do what against the wind suggested. GET OUT! Love this stuff.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I just heard it again upstairs, this time clearer and louder than before. It sounds more like a sharp banging, rattling, tapping noise. Like someone tapping a wall loudly with all of their fingers. It was coming directly from the closet where all of my metal detecting finds are kept. I opened the closet door and saw nothing at all, and it is an extremely shallow closest, around two feet deep, just a built in shelf behind a door to place stuff, no room to walk or stand in. I once read about that show Tnet, "Haunted Collector", on Tnet. Perhaps I could have unknowingly dug up a haunted object at one point :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:.

Perhaps this is why the previous owners moved :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions