Oh no...

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, its worth it to coin roll hunt. Not sure why you'd want to buy silver, and have it sit round' n stuff. I mean, really thats coin roll hunting money being put to a waste. They can take pretty much everything including cash, if you are worried enough to make a thread. If I was the government, I'd take all your non-clad coins too.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
This might get some bad replies but THE GOVERNMENT CAN TAKE YOUR GOLD AND SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:help::help::help:
I was wondering about it so I did some research. It seems like they can according to all the things I read. So is it worth it to CRH and buy silver?

Let me fix it for you.

This might get some bad replies but THE GOVERNMENT CAN TRY TO TAKE YOUR GOLD AND SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good freaking luck. I have a little something that states otherwise.

IMAG0371.jpg

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, its worth it to coin roll hunt. Not sure why you'd want to buy silver, and have it sit round' n stuff. I mean, really thats coin roll hunting money being put to a waste. They can take pretty much everything including cash, if you are worried enough to make a thread. If I was the government, I'd take all your non-clad coins too.

Its worth it to buy.

In my situation, there is only so much CRH I can feasibly do in my city, my ability to dump is limited. Buying via auctions, garage sales and the dips is a good way to acquire some extra physical.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
dawg screw the government if they tried taking my silver i'd show them the true power of slim shady

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You try to even look at my silver and you will leave with no eyes :P

On the serious note: If this were to happen, then melt with a blow torch and scrape the slag off the top of the liquid, this will make it close to 100% and they won't be able to prove that it is melted coins

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You try to even look at my silver and you will leave with no eyes :P

On the serious note: If this were to happen, then melt with a blow torch and scrape the slag off the top of the liquid, this will make it close to 100% and they won't be able to prove that it is melted coins

yea but is confiscation only for coins but for gold and silver in general? seems like the latter is more likely

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Joey, when you get a tad older you will find that the government will take away everything you work for. It's called the IRS and your turn is coming too. Go ask mom or dad about it...

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, the government can take everything they want from you, even your life.

Keep your head down, work hard, always watch your back, and be prepared for crazy stuff to go down and you'll get by alright in this world. I'm not advocating doomsday prepping or anything, just knowing what is up and always being aware of the possibilities as they arise.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
A gun won't do too much, you kill 1 government guy, many others will come for you. Just bury your stash.

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EE, I've got a '31 M-N. That thing is fun to shoot. Love the ammo prices too.

As for the OP, unfortunately I lost all my guns and precious metals in a boating accident.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread