Oh no...

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at this logically, Gold and silver only have value because people think it has value. Why would the government WANT gold and/or silver? Why would the government go to the extraordinary effort to TAKE it (obviously unconstitutional, and likely to cause violence). They may WANT us to turn in gold for Paper money. I doubt that they will ever be able to require it.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might get some bad replies but THE GOVERNMENT CAN TAKE YOUR GOLD AND SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:help::help::help:
I was wondering about it so I did some research. It seems like they can according to all the things I read. So is it worth it to CRH and buy silver?

They have to know you have it to come and get it. If you go out and pickup $200 in CWR of halves and all 400 of those halves are 90%ers, the government has know idea:icon_scratch: you have in excess of 144 oz of silver.

Howeve,r if you post that find on Treasurenet.com well then they will know:BangHead:.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Dejapooh, anyone that shares those extremist views, that the government will take silver/gold from you are just trying to scare you, to try and sell you something, they think you need to avoid trouble or whatever. Its crappy marketing that I see a lot of these silver survivalists carry around in their plethora of end of the world arguments. "HOARD NOW SILVER WILL ONCE BE THE ONLY CURRENCY LEFT!!" I would avoid any online silver store that is preaching such crap, if you buy into it you will also be paying a premium and filling up their bank accounts. Why would the government want your gold and silver when they have their own stash, THE US MINT.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at this logically, Gold and silver only have value because people think it has value. Why would the government WANT gold and/or silver? Why would the government go to the extraordinary effort to TAKE it (obviously unconstitutional, and likely to cause violence). They may WANT us to turn in gold for Paper money. I doubt that they will ever be able to require it.

You need to read your history. Gold coins and bullion were outlawed in the 1930s

Haven't you heard the commercials about historic gold coins from the New York Mint on the radio.

In any event the feds did outlaw private possession of gold except for jewelry, it was still allowed

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=14611http://

Last edited:
OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm was really starting to worry that the silver I bought would go to waste especially since I have a small budget.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Well the government can pretty much do whatever they want. They can take your property for any reason now. I had friends help out down in New Orleans and they were told by a single mother that the scariest part of the flood was the government coming in and (illegally) taking away her gun while she could see the roving gangs of looters down the street.

personally I think it is better to have gold and silver then to not have it.

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Can't remember who said it but he or she had to be much smarter than the people who think our benevolent government would not take your gold,silver,land or maybe your guns. They do what they do for power!! With the exception of a very few.

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quiksilver said:
Well the government can pretty much do whatever they want. They can take your property for any reason now. I had friends help out down in New Orleans and they were told by a single mother that the scariest part of the flood was the government coming in and (illegally) taking away her gun while she could see the roving gangs of looters down the street.

personally I think it is better to have gold and silver then to not have it.

Hide them or use them is my philosophy.

snakeking162

Greenie
Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just sell your coins that you find and buy foreign gold or silver they can only take U.S. silver

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
snakeking162 said:
just sell your coins that you find and buy foreign gold or silver they can only take U.S. silver

True. But if they can't take it because of the law then that's a good idea. But if not they would take the foreign coins and melt it.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what you are taking about. I do not have any silver, do I look like I could afford to buy silver. You must have me confused with some one else. Sure feel free to come in and look, but watch out for all gold I have laying around.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Can't remember who said it but he or she had to be much smarter than the people who think our benevolent government would not take your gold,silver,land or maybe your guns. They do what they do for power!! With the exception of a very few.

800px-Santayana_on_history.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might get some bad replies but THE GOVERNMENT CAN TAKE YOUR GOLD AND SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:help::help::help:
I was wondering about it so I did some research. It seems like they can according to all the things I read. So is it worth it to CRH and buy silver?

Yawn !
the government can take your house, your drivers license & yes even your Freedom from you.
What's new ?

Fact is they need people to have these things.
without them tax revenue would eventually dry up :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
jeff of pa said:
Yawn !
the government an take your house, your drivers license & yes even your Freedom from you.
What's new ?

Fact is they need people to have these things.
without them tax revenue would eventually dry up :tongue3:

True! Whatever happened to America land of the free? :/

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is not about CRH, it has been moved.......Per our rules, keep politics out of the thread......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread