Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My detector just arrived. WOOOOHOOOO...

All assembled, that took forever... ok, maybe 2 minutes.

Fired it up, yup, it found the nails in my hardwood floor! Not exactly going to dig those boards up to find out, Im just going to assume.

Eager to head out and try it... oh, but wait, I live in MICHIGAN, I can't do that.

temp.jpg

Maybe popping that hardwood floor up aint a bad idea after all... :dontknow:

Sigh,

Ken

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bundle up and get out.
Put a hand warmer near control box and or battery �� compartment. Machine will be fine.
Try a tot lot. Easy diggin. Or head to the woods. Even at 8deg in Michigan, the woods may still be diggable?
Hope you have great success with your new detector. Not on hardwood floors though. ;)
GL
Peace ✌

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats! maybe head to the beach, hopefully the sand isnt frozen yet, but watch that wind chill!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bundle up and get out.
Put a hand warmer near control box and or battery �� compartment. Machine will be fine.
Try a tot lot. Easy diggin. Or head to the woods. Even at 8deg in Michigan, the woods may still be diggable?
Hope you have great success with your new detector. Not on hardwood floors though. ;)
GL
Peace ✌

Welcome to Tnet, SpartanKen, and CK has given good advice above. The woods dont freeze up as hard as fields and lawns.

congrats! maybe head to the beach, hopefully the sand isnt frozen yet, but watch that wind chill!

This is always a possibility. Missus Higgy and I will be cruising Myrtle Beach this February. Woot!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Congrats on getting your MD!

I was so excited when I got my M6 at work, the only pace I could try it was the parking lot, and I did! There were a couple of good signals that shall remain where they are, for now, until they replace the macadam in the parking lot! Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread