jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DELAWARE, Ohio - Mike Tomaso of Delaware has been in the business of buying and selling coins for more than three decades.

Tomaso also used to purchase and sell scrap gold and silver, including jewelry, but he said he's been forced to stop.

“So, it was a minority of the business, but yet substantial, the difference between surviving or not,” said Tomaso.

State law requires those who buy and sell precious metals to purchase a state license.
Tomaso doesn't have one and he never has. He said the law has never been enforced.

“Until just recently, they've been going into coin dealers like a blitz, a statewide blitz,” said Tomaso.

He said he's received letters, phone calls and a visit.

With a license, he would be able to once again buy and sell scrap metal.

But the license would require that he give the state and local law enforcement access to his store and his books anytime.

“But that in my mind, I sign away my constitutional protections to warrant, due process and so on,” he said.

That's why Tomaso filed a complaint in federal court claiming the regulations are unconstitutional and requesting an end to the enforcement.

READ MORE :

Delaware Coin Collector Taking State To Court Over Scrap Metal License Law | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it works out for him but I'm afraid the State Government want their share. Greedy you know whats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread