OI: Tell us your What? Who? And Why? No proof needed here.

Nathan-Drake0075

Mar 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bunch of
tn_pirate.gif
robbed innocent people and loaded all their
tn_pirate_gold.gif
aboard their pirate
tn_pirate_ship.gif
. They find a
tn_pirate_land.gif
and bury their treasure. All of a sudden a
ghost.gif
comes out and scares them all away! THE END
😂 😂 that's so funny!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The Russians are behind this. I'm very suspicious. :tongue3:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the South, a block & tackle tied to a tree limb is clear evidence that a Chevy 350 was hauled out of an El Camino. Prolly what McGinnis/McKinnis/MacInnes saw. At least it's about as likely as the fable that's been fabricated over the last 200+ years.

Hi Carl, Glad to see you back in to the thick of things. I appreciate all of your help to get myself back on to the knowledge path. Thank you. My partner and I located all of the CSA and KGC Gold but for the past seven years have been hampered by our own government. What interest you about OI? Any thoughts you would like to share?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Albert, I think the whole thing is a self-perpetuated myth. Some guys saw a depression in the ground, and their imaginations ran wild. Beyond that, the story is riddled with holes (pun) & inconsistencies. Heck, folks can't even get the name or age of McGinnis right. It's very clear there has been a lot of evidence planting along the way, resulting in the almost guaranteed conclusion that not a single thing out of the ordinary has ever been found, not even once. The "theories" of what might be in the hole, and the traps that have been laid to prevent recovery, just keep getting wilder by the year. The whole thing is probably the biggest self-delusion in treasure hunting history.

Next, I'm sorry, but right behind Oak Island is KGC. I strongly believe that it is a 99% fabricated treasure legend, primarily created to sell books. Much in the same way that the Beale legend was fabricated to sell pamphlets. And I've personally investigated some Confederate gold stories, including the infamous gold train to Company Shops (you & I walked those tracks). Most of these stories are steeped in fiction, some of them originating in the early days of treasure magazines (e.g. True Treasure) in which a whole lot of the stories were completely made up. If you ever research a story and you can't get beyond an article published in a 1967 issue of Treasure World, that is likely where the story began.

Fake treasure legends go hand-in-hand with fake treasure locators. When nothing ever gets dug up, at some point you gotta step back and ask some difficult questions, the likely answer being, "I sure did waste a lot of time & money on a whole bunch of nothing." It's a tough pill to swallow.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Albert, I think the whole thing is a self-perpetuated myth. Some guys saw a depression in the ground, and their imaginations ran wild. Beyond that, the story is riddled with holes (pun) & inconsistencies. Heck, folks can't even get the name or age of McGinnis right. It's very clear there has been a lot of evidence planting along the way, resulting in the almost guaranteed conclusion that not a single thing out of the ordinary has ever been found, not even once. The "theories" of what might be in the hole, and the traps that have been laid to prevent recovery, just keep getting wilder by the year. The whole thing is probably the biggest self-delusion in treasure hunting history.

Next, I'm sorry, but right behind Oak Island is KGC. I strongly believe that it is a 99% fabricated treasure legend, primarily created to sell books. Much in the same way that the Beale legend was fabricated to sell pamphlets. And I've personally investigated some Confederate gold stories, including the infamous gold train to Company Shops (you & I walked those tracks). Most of these stories are steeped in fiction, some of them originating in the early days of treasure magazines (e.g. True Treasure) in which a whole lot of the stories were completely made up. If you ever research a story and you can't get beyond an article published in a 1967 issue of Treasure World, that is likely where the story began.

Fake treasure legends go hand-in-hand with fake treasure locators. When nothing ever gets dug up, at some point you gotta step back and ask some difficult questions, the likely answer being, "I sure did waste a lot of time & money on a whole bunch of nothing." It's a tough pill to swallow.

I think you've pretty much nailed it down. In the world of treasure legends if it sounds too good to be true, well, there's probably a logical reason why it sounds too good to be true. :icon_thumright:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl,

I tend to except your word without doubt except for one little tidbit of information. To most, tall tales, there is a hidden secret. Either a secret that someone kept when they started by writing the story or there are hidden facts of a treasure although it may be in another location and of an entirely different origin.

To this I do believe a treasure of enormous value was buried on Oak Island by Sir Henry Sinclair or even earlier by the Knight's Templar in 1314. Some how, some way the treasure was recovered. This could have been by parties of Sir Walter Raleigh or even the Pilgrims.

Did you know that Christoper Columbus married the great great grand-daughter of Sir Henry Sinclair. They were married in 1475 and they had an only son that most likely was raised by his grandmother, Donna. Now Donna's husband, Bartholomew Perestrello was a Grand-master of the Knight's of Christ in Portugal and was a Captain of ships. His daughter, which Christopher Columbus married was only five years when her father died. All of his maps and charts went to Christopher Columbus. Right after Christoper Columbus' wife passed away--in or around 1476, he set sail for the Islands in the North Atlantic in 1477, while searching the northern routes to America. So Columbus was no stranger to the going on expeditions of the Knight's Templar for almost two hundred years before his voyage in 1492.

I always wondered about those red crosses on Christopher Columbus' three ships. My teachers did not know so they could not teach it to me. In the past couple of years, history has opened up to me just like a viewer to the World.

You take the pilgrims when they came over on the Mayflower, we were only taught about the Pilgrims. The Pilgrims were only one party on the Mayflower, nothing was ever mentioned of the other two parties or groups of people. Experienced navigators, yet there were over three hundred miles further north than their planned port of call. They were to go to the northern edge of Virginia, yet they landed in Plymouth, Mass. There was no damage to their ship, no sickness and fair weather. Then why were they 300 miles or over 4 Degrees off course? Yet they did not want to even consider going to Jamestown, Va. a settlement that was already there and only a few days travel on a calm sea.

As for the KGC, their hidden history has shed some light on the world through Bickley's writings and Albert Pike. At their peak they had over 800,000 members in the United States and around the world. Notice most of the investors in Oak Islands early history. Most were members of Freemasons or the new order of OAK.

Just to much to ignore. How the "Holy Artifacts" got to America is beyond the point. Whether they came through and by Oak Island, or by a descendant of the Blount Family, Nathaniel Bacon, the Pilgrims, Jamestown settlement or by Christopher Columbus, we do know that it is here. It can be located and has been located. But anyway Carl, thank you.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl,

I tend to except your word without doubt except for one little tidbit of information. To most, tall tales, there is a hidden secret. Either a secret that someone kept when they started by writing the story or there are hidden facts of a treasure although it may be in another location and of an entirely different origin.

To this I do believe a treasure of enormous value was buried on Oak Island by Sir Henry Sinclair or even earlier by the Knight's Templar in 1314. Some how, some way the treasure was recovered. This could have been by parties of Sir Walter Raleigh or even the Pilgrims.

Did you know that Christoper Columbus married the great great grand-daughter of Sir Henry Sinclair. They were married in 1475 and they had an only son that most likely was raised by his grandmother, Donna. Now Donna's husband, Bartholomew Perestrello was a Grand-master of the Knight's of Christ in Portugal and was a Captain of ships. His daughter, which Christopher Columbus married was only five years when her father died. All of his maps and charts went to Christopher Columbus. Right after Christoper Columbus' wife passed away--in or around 1476, he set sail for the Islands in the North Atlantic in 1477, while searching the northern routes to America. So Columbus was no stranger to the going on expeditions of the Knight's Templar for almost two hundred years before his voyage in 1492.

I always wondered about those red crosses on Christopher Columbus' three ships. My teachers did not know so they could not teach it to me. In the past couple of years, history has opened up to me just like a viewer to the World.

You take the pilgrims when they came over on the Mayflower, we were only taught about the Pilgrims. The Pilgrims were only one party on the Mayflower, nothing was ever mentioned of the other two parties or groups of people. Experienced navigators, yet there were over three hundred miles further north than their planned port of call. They were to go to the northern edge of Virginia, yet they landed in Plymouth, Mass. There was no damage to their ship, no sickness and fair weather. Then why were they 300 miles or over 4 Degrees off course? Yet they did not want to even consider going to Jamestown, Va. a settlement that was already there and only a few days travel on a calm sea.

As for the KGC, their hidden history has shed some light on the world through Bickley's writings and Albert Pike. At their peak they had over 800,000 members in the United States and around the world. Notice most of the investors in Oak Islands early history. Most were members of Freemasons or the new order of OAK.

Just to much to ignore. How the "Holy Artifacts" got to America is beyond the point. Whether they came through and by Oak Island, or by a descendant of the Blount Family, Nathaniel Bacon, the Pilgrims, Jamestown settlement or by Christopher Columbus, we do know that it is here. It can be located and has been located. But anyway Carl, thank you.

Uh....no, Franklin....:laughing7:.....there's a reason why they are called, "tall tales." The only "secret hidden in them" is the fabricator's true reasons and motives for having manufacturing his completely fictional tale for the sole purpose of duping gullible people who want to believe in such things. Hence, "tall tales." :laughing7:

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Setting aside the apparently obvious truth, to some here, that nothing whatsoever happened on Oak Island, there’s not much in the way of clues as to a particular historical setting, but I’m inclined to think the operation ‘modern’ rather than ‘medieval’ which would rule out Templars (though not some later group that emerged from them).

The earlier the origins the less likelihood that anyone would be around to discover the activities taking place. However, if the originator understood the science of what he was doing underground, and with water at depth, then the project would likely be after 1650 (knowledge that air has weight) or 1680 (knowledge of the effects of gas and liquids under pressure) with fairly advanced skills in mining and surveying.

It’s no secret that I believe a British unit of measure was used, suggesting a British or Colonial venture (possibly out of Massachusetts). In this respect, the project could have been part of a privateering venture rather than executed by government or military per se.

It’s also no secret that I tend to set the bars between 1650 and 1750. After that there might have been too much activity between Halifax and Annapolis, particularly with settlers coming into the region.

Whatever was actually done, I imagine the skills may well have been provided by a military engineer at a time when the major source of treasure would have been the wealth of the Spanish Empire in the New World.

In this respect, an obvious conflict in the period under consideration is the War of Spanish Succession (Queen Anne’s War) of 1701-1713. This took place before the French began fortifying Cape Breton (Louisbourg) and led to the ceding of Port Royal to Britain (the point being that during the 17th century the French were constantly patrolling these waters looking for English and Scottish interlopers).

Coincidentally, perhaps, this period also saw the loss of the 1715 Spanish Treasure Fleet and subsequent salvage operations by looters and pirates, and there have been suggestions of an operation similar to that of Sir William Phips.

We can’t know if the project was to secure something already in the possession of the designers or something planned to be taken, but either way it’s tempting to think in terms of a Spanish galleon that didn’t make it home.

The project may have been designed to protect a single treasure or several, belonging to one or more individuals or groups (perhaps reflecting the tradition of a buccaneer communal bank).

I concede that all this may not be worth two cents, nor even a penny for the thoughts, so you have it for free. Of course, if the treasure turns out to be the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail or other Templar knick-knacks then that’s what I really thought it would be all the time, and I’ll be letting you know about the book, TV series etc.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh....no, Franklin....:laughing7:.....there's a reason why they are called, "tall tales." The only "secret hidden in them" is the fabricator's true reasons and motives for having manufacturing his completely fictional tale for the sole purpose of duping gullible people who want to believe in such things. Hence, "tall tales." :laughing7:

Is that all you can ever say? You can not let anyone say anything on this forum without nay nay nay it could not have happened. You ruin every thread on the forums. You and ECS are just like a bing pong game back and forth. Do you treasure hunt or do you just keep hitting the same keys on your computer. Must be worn out by now.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... How the "Holy Artifacts" got to America is beyond the point.
Whether they came through and by Oak Island, or by a descendant of the Blount Family, Nathaniel Bacon, the Pilgrims, Jamestown settlement or by Christopher Columbus, we do know that it is here.
It can be located and has been located...
There exists NO evidence that any "Holy Artifacts" got to America.
The question is who is the "we" that know they are here, AND "has been located" by whom?
Without collaborating proof , this is just another statement based on lore.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found them of course. You know I have found everything out there that is to be found.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that all you can ever say?
You can not let anyone say anything on this forum without nay nay nay it could not have happened.
You ruin every thread on the forums.
You and ECS are just like a bing pong game back and forth. Do you treasure hunt or do you just keep hitting the same keys on your computer. Must be worn out by now.
Lore and speculation posted as fact is not fact and ruins positive legitimate discourse by infusing false information into the discussion.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that all you can ever say? You can not let anyone say anything on this forum without nay nay nay it could not have happened. You ruin every thread on the forums. You and ECS are just like a bing pong game back and forth. Do you treasure hunt or do you just keep hitting the same keys on your computer. Must be worn out by now.

Franklin, some of us deal in facts, not wild fantasies that we've whipped up in our heads simply because we want to believe that unrealistic supernatural organizations have hidden super secret massive stashes of unfathomable treasure all over the globe. You don't deal in facts Franklin, you deal in man made fictions and then you spread that fiction as if it is some type of fact bearing knowledge. You are one of the reason why so many legends continue to be sensationalized beyond human capacities. In all of these massive conspiracies that you have propagated over the years can you just post one cold hard fact to support any of them? No, of course not. Enough said.

PD: The only thing that can "kill wild speculation and baseless propaganda threads" are cold hard facts. So if those threads you reference have been killed, well, there's a perfectly logical reason for it. "Facts trump everything else." :laughing7:

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Leprechauns Gold Depository
They replenish the (Pots of Gold) at both ends of the rainbows all around the world, when found... from Oak Island
So you need a deep hole the hide all that Gold ...and their mean as heck.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, some of us deal in facts, not wild fantasies that we've whipped up in our heads simply because we want to believe that unrealistic supernatural organizations have hidden super secret massive stashes of unfathomable treasure all over the globe. You don't deal in facts Franklin, you deal in man made fictions and then you spread that fiction as if it is some type of fact bearing knowledge. You are one of the reason why so many legends continue to be sensationalized beyond human capacities. In all of these massive conspiracies that you have propagated over the years can you just post one cold hard fact to support any of them? No, of course not. Enough said.

PD: The only thing that can "kill wild speculation and baseless propaganda threads" are cold hard facts. So if those threads you reference have been killed, well, there's a perfectly logical reason for it. :laughing7:

"Facts trump everything else." Facts do trump everything else in a court of law but this a forum for talking not for practice of law.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We can agree to disagree. If you're having fun doing what you're doing, then keep having fun! I enjoyed our few visits together and if I weren't out in Oregon I'd stop by to see what you're up to.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, LIGHTS were seen above OI... SPACE PIRATES from THE FUTURE, coming back to THEIR "Past"... OUR "Present"; INDEED! What a PRESENT, "THEY" left (CCR - "Confusion on "The Ground"). Good Men/Women "thru the ages" will try to find the SUN (LIGHT!) on THIS ONE. HH! Good Luck! Have FUN! Heh! (Still I wonder...).

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can agree to disagree. If you're having fun doing what you're doing, then keep having fun! I enjoyed our few visits together and if I weren't out in Oregon I'd stop by to see what you're up to.

That would be nice Carl. It is an awful shame to put one's whole life into a search and get three feet from what you are looking for and then be stopped by the United States Government. No treasure hunter can know that feeling. The Secret Society of Men that buried these treasures made it that way, so no individual alone could recover any one of these treasures. To do it legally it takes the government's approval even if you have millionaire investors to foot the bill. To do it on the sly will not work either. So the treasures will remain and they most likely will remain there forever.

I have to sit back and watch reality television shows by individuals that will never recover these treasures because simply they do not know where they are located. I laughed at Brad Meltzer's "DECODED" shows because they search and search by treasure hunters they call professionals. Yet these professionals have no idea where the treasures are located. I can not do a show for them because disclosing a treasure's location without a recovery is asking for vandalism of the treasure's location by people that do not care to break the law. But in the end I would be blamed for their actions and most likely face lawsuits. So you can either believe me or not fellow Treasurenet posters. It really does not make a difference.

Let me say, the Confederate Treasury Gold and tons more have been located. The "Holy Grail" has been located. The "Ark of the Covenant of God" has been located. Whether you believe that or not I simply do not care.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... It is an awful shame to put one's whole life into a search and get three feet from what you are looking for and then be stopped by the United States Government. No treasure hunter can know that feeling.
The Secret Society of Men that buried these treasures made it that way, so no individual alone could recover any one of these treasures.
To do it legally it takes the government's approval even if you have millionaire investors to foot the bill...

So you can either believe me or not fellow Treasurenet posters. It really does not make a difference.
Let me say, the Confederate Treasury Gold and tons more have been located. The "Holy Grail" has been located. The "Ark of the Covenant of God" has been located.
Whether you believe that or not I simply do not care.
Why would the government stop you from recovering these treasures that you claim to know the location?
The government got involved with claim of Confederate gold at the Dent's Run.
Who is the Secret Society of Men and are they preventing the government from recovering these treasures?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread