boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to have a TV/HI FI repair business. Some other repair shops were just plane crooks. They would do things like placing under rated capacitors in a circuit to assure another call in a couple of months. I saw it on a lot of calls. Well the manufacturers are doing it now. The death of electronics is BUILT IN. It is everywhere. Even some ink cartridges have a kill circuit built in that expires with time, not usage. Stuff like this should be illegal, but it isn't. A properly designed TV could last practically forever. The big brand name sets use to be built that way. Only the tubes wore out. Now the brand names are just decorations that are leased out by corporations that have bought them and lease them to Junk manufacturers. Our land fills are full of TIMED OUT electronics. You can't repair electronics any more. The components are molded in layers on the boards or encapsulated in IC blocks. What we need is a law that makes manufacturers guarantee there products for over 10 years, then the quality would go up and waste would go down. Cars should be guaranteed for a minimum of 10 years on everything but batteries, break lining, oil, and tires. OK, the steams all out. lol Frank
Same thing with furniture! I always get a giggle walking through antique stores admiring the craftsmanship, thinking some guy did all that with basically crude hand tools and a boatload of pride and it's still sitting here a hundred years later! Then I walk through stores and Ilea once, and think wow! we have chop saws lathes etc with laser guides power this power that that'll work a piece of wood to 1000ths of an inch. And yet we're turning out furniture (I use the term loosely) that probably won't be sitting here in a few months......... Yes! we truly are advanced.:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same thing with furniture! I always get a giggle walking through antique stores admiring the craftsmanship, thinking some guy did all that with basically crude hand tools and a boatload of pride and it's still sitting here a hundred years later! Then I walk through stores and Ilea once, and think wow! we have chop saws lathes etc with laser guides power this power that that'll work a piece of wood to 1000ths of an inch. And yet we're turning out furniture (I use the term loosely) that probably won't be sitting here in a few months......... Yes! we truly are advanced.:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

We literally had a bedroom chest one time when we took it out of the box, the box was studerier than the chest!
Fiber board (paper) & aluminum staples. It is hopeless trying to inform people their furniture can't be repaired, it would have to be rebuilt... and it's costly.

Well has gas hit 99 cents any where yet? You'd think the price of stuff made from,oil would have dropped by now. :sly::D

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well has gas hit 99 cents any where yet? You'd think the price of stuff made from,oil would have dropped by now. :sly::D

Don't know about anywhere else, but here in southeast Arkansas someone told Murphy Oil (Wally World's gas folks) that oil ticked up a bit yesterday, and our price went up 2 cents a gallon by evening.

That must have been one fast tanker ship!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! It is amazing how fast the price can rise and how slow it drops! Kind of a head scratcher :what:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehow I don't think we will see the 99 cent a gallon price, we're getting to close to spring...when the price magically...rises!
Due to.....(fill in the blank) :D

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the fact that fuel prices are down, but I have also noticed that my MPG has dropped too. I was getting 21-23 in town, now it's 18-19.
Last year when we drove to Florida, I got almost 29 mpg. This last month when I drove the same route, barely 25 mpg.
They found a way of recouping some of their losses.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the fact that fuel prices are down, but I have also noticed that my MPG has dropped too. I was getting 21-23 in town, now it's 18-19.
Last year when we drove to Florida, I got almost 29 mpg. This last month when I drove the same route, barely 25 mpg.
They found a way of recouping some of their losses.

Rising from the edgeless, wind-scoured, snow-covered tundra on Alaska's North Slope lies a million-pound drilling rig pulling the first commercial oil from a reserve set aside nearly a century ago.

102232132-128218815.530x298.jpg

Yea I barely Drive at all But my Gas still doesn't Last.
in the back of my mind I am accusing someone of Siphoning my gas off.
But Deep down I know better . there is no real crime in my town.
it's the additives they are thinning it out with.

I'm getting about 19-20 on my Explorer.
but it goes down so fast I'd swear I have a 10 Gallon tank sometimes.

according to the news earlier this week there was a gas price increase here.
Mine never actually dropped.

First oil flows from Alaska reserve set aside in ’23, Yet prices are Rising ?

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/03/first-oil-flows-from-alaska-reserve-set-aside-in-23.html

Ui.jpg

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Watch out Jeff .... don't get dragged in :laughing7: Just kidding!

You do realize that the drop in crude prices is always related to presidential elections, thus making this a bit of a political discussion ... doncha?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch out Jeff .... don't get dragged in :laughing7: Just kidding!

You do realize that the drop in crude prices is always related to presidential elections, thus making this a bit of a political discussion ... doncha?

Not as long as You don't Bring up Politicians by name or Party that doesn't look like this :occasion16:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our truck runs on "flex fuel" which I think is alcohol based something or other. Our first and only tank full was from the dealership, lasted longer and the truck ran quiet and smooth.
It would not surprise me a bit if the oil companies found a way to help the gas in our vehicles evaporate.
Gas here is $1.53 ( 9/10 of a) gallon.
Now we have to be concerned with not only the price of gas, supply, but rate of evaporation!
What they won't do for a dollar!

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our truck runs on "flex fuel" which I think is alcohol based something or other. Our first and only tank full was from the dealership, lasted longer and the truck ran quiet and smooth.
It would not surprise me a bit if the oil companies found a way to help the gas in our vehicles evaporate.
Gas here is $1.53 ( 9/10 of a) gallon.
Now we have to be concerned with not only the price of gas, supply, but rate of evaporation!
What they won't do for a dollar!

Are you sure you don't mean $1.539 / gallon? I have seen this confusion before, but gas is sold by the gallon, they are just chopping up your penny to make it look like one cent less / gal.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
... bigfoot!

It's as logical as most any other explanation!

Right now prices have risen over the last two weeks due to rumors from russia, opec, and a few others. Nothing more. I play the oil stocks on a daily basis so I watch crude very closely. Supply is still far greater than demand at this time.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miles per gallon going down could be due to your car rather than additives. Tire pressure/air filters clogged/fuel filters/etc..). So many factors involved. Not always a sinister conspiracy involved.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure you don't mean $1.539 / gallon? I have seen this confusion before, but gas is sold by the gallon, they are just chopping up your penny to make it look like one cent less / gal.

It used to say 9/10 on the sign. The only way I could tell you for sure now would be to pump an exact gallon and look at the read out if it's over $1.53 by about .15 cents.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
PRICES AT THE PUMP ARE CLIMBING HERE. Must be the summer galge early. Frank

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there's a lot more supply than demand why hasn't the price continued to drop, and why is my electric going up again by 21%?
The added "cost of fuel" from the all the haulers is still here also.

Wonder what it would take exactly to get them to stop gouging us?

A sudden and complete alternate fuel source?

Armageddon?

Guilty conscious....if they had one.

This is why bigger is not always better, no price competition, they have complete freedom to charge what ever they can.
That does not work for small business.
And the little guy at the bottom who can lest afford it ends up paying all the added increases.:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread