ok guys havent been on, redoing the cartersville post any tips on were to hunt?

OP
OP
J

jhunter

relics

you guys know any places to hunt for relics around my area?

B

Brush Creek

If you head out of Cartersville on 41 and go past Adairsville ( hwy 140 ) and stay on 41, about a mile out of town is some historical markers.
The large fields are loaded with artifacts
on a purdy day you will see 10 or more detectorist out there
let me know what ya find willya
good luck they should be plowing them soon

OP
OP
J

jhunter

ok so could you gimme some specific directions?like up by edewa mounds or what?gimme some street names and directions please. ???

B

Brush Creek

The fields im talking about are to the right of hwy 41 across the hwy from a church and some new construction on the left of 41 about a mile past hwy 140
the ones doing the bull dozing across from the fields found allot of rifles and stuff
it was a old fort and a cannon ball factory.
there was a lot of civil war activity there
you will see a hill in the back of the field that is octogon shaped where i see most detecting
let me know if this helps
Brush

OP
OP
J

jhunter

thanks man so what all did you find there? :)

B

Brush Creek

My boys have found grape shot and bullits I have not been but one time and only found some junk

also on your way to this spot there is a KOA camp ground on hwy41
been there for ever
may be some good finds there its a old place.

also Just as you go past hwy 140 about 1/2 mile look to the left and you will see a old church kinda on a hill with a very old grave yard. just below the church on the hwy is a old home site thats been dozed.
you can see the drive kinda. Ive found some real old glass and cool stuff there

B

brett_shepherd72

iv just started hunting im from cartersville also there are alot of old home sites up around white an pinelog there are lots of maps of these areas also

amos316

Greenie
Aug 9, 2007
calhoun
Detector(s) used
at pro
f70
hey jr hunter theres a bunch of places in and around cartersville if this is somehting your whole family is into then here is a place for you the story has it i don have my note in front of me so i cant give u dates or names but story has it a civil war general burried 50,000 in gold and silver 3 miles north of cartersville on 411 on his 1600 acre farm to this day it still hasnt been found if you need anymore places just shoot me a pm and i can send you some old ghost towns and other places to check out

amos316

Greenie
Aug 9, 2007
calhoun
Detector(s) used
at pro
f70
these are both about 1 mile form my house am n process of getting written permission at the moment then will hit these

My boys have found grape shot and bullits I have not been but one time and only found some junk

also on your way to this spot there is a KOA camp ground on hwy41
been there for ever
may be some good finds there its a old place.

also Just as you go past hwy 140 about 1/2 mile look to the left and you will see a old church kinda on a hill with a very old grave yard. just below the church on the hwy is a old home site thats been dozed.
you can see the drive kinda. Ive found some real old glass and cool stuff there

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunted that place he is talking about 30 years ago. I can't believe hunters are still pulling stuff our of those fields. Funny story.. there used to be a little ole lady at the farm house you had to ask permission from. She would always smile and say yes and tell you not to tear anything up. She always came to the door with a really big butcher knife in her hand. It made it hard to smile and be polite ! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread