OK I Did It

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Have been looking for a detector for my wife + found a new - w - warranty Ace 250 with headphones , rechargeable batteries , + charger for $189.00 with free shipping so I bought it . Hope she likes it . If not I'll use it for a back up + loaner . Now I'm going to really have to check out all those 250 posts . Any words to the wise will be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance .

Upvote 0

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
She'll love the Ace 250. It is a great beginner machine. Just practice with it and ask questions here on the forum and all us 250 users (and others) will help you and the Mrs. out.

One thing I will tell you iwth it that I have found is that when pinpointing, if the signal drops immediately when pulling away from the target, that it means it is a shallow target and is right under the front/center position of the inner coil.

HH with it

Funkman

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funkman said:
She'll love the Ace 250.

NOT IF SHE'S LIKE MY WIFE.... HA HA HA

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Dont get your feelings hurt is she starts pulling up more than you lol. She'll have fun and you're a sweetheart of a hubby to buy one for her.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
At first have her run in the coin mode. Set the sens at 4 bars to start out. This little detector you bought is powerful. After she digs up a heap of treasure then turn the sens up a couple of notches. Then set the mode to jewelry. To pinpoint - detune the target - find the center left to right - then slowly pull the coil to you - shallow target right at the front of the inner coil - deeper target about an inch back toward you. Usually a 4 inch plug will get them all. I would buy a sniper coil for it soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread