ok, just about feddddddd up!!!!!!!!!!

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enlightened self interest. You make them happy, eventually they'll make you happy back. ;)

I'm flying to California tomorrow with my wife just to visit her sister (aka: The Wicked Witch of the West). This should be good for two years worth of payback. ;D

T

TreasureTales

Years ago I traded my wife for my freedom and have never regretted it. LOL It's not that I wanted everything my way, but that her ways contained not a bit of common sense. And compromise is not in my vocabulary. Compromise in anything is defeat in everything--TreasureTales.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me, you get what you give in marriage, it is definitely 50/50. You must give in order to take, or the well will eventually run dry ~

Night Stalker

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jewelry always works wonders ::)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Ah,,, the good old days...
Caveman.jpg

This is a joke, Only a joke. If it would have been an actual event, you would have been directed on where to go... ;D

P.S.> If I wasn't joking, I wouldn't have touched a subject like this, with a ten foot pole... ;D

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I hope I didn't offend you lionhrt9, or anyone else as far as that goes...
Just thought I would try to lighten it up a bit. This is a touchy subject and I probably should have just shut my mouth... Hope it all works out for ya,,,
Have a great day, Leon...

OP
OP
lionhrt9

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
All is good!!!! ;) Just a lovers/married (however it should be said) spat. I spent AWHILE trying to figure out who I could spend the rest of my life with, now I wonder how I could live without her. Keep your coil to the soil as they say, but your family in your heart.

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 367

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Night Stalker said:
Trust me, you get what you give in marriage, it is definitely 50/50. You must give in order to take, or the well will eventually run dry ~

Night Stalker
I agree. If you think of yourself, you will be by yourself. :)

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I read this post...and have been following it, but have refrained from commenting... until now.

I have a skewed, and somewhat cynical view on marriage sometimes, even though I've been married for over 8 years myself. My view comes from the fact that I am an attorney with a fairly large percentage of my business coming from family court and divorce.

Leon... glad to hear everything worked out.

Nightstalker... i want to amend something you said. A marriage is NOT 50/50. It is 100/100. I understand the rationale behind the "50/50". It means that both parties need to give equally.I agree with bigcypress... if you think of only yourself, you will be with only yourself. Marriage is a full commitment.

To all those who are contemplating marriage, or who are married already, go get the book "The Divorce Lawyers Guide to Staying Married", by Wendy Jaffe. It clarified and put into words just about all reasons for divorce that i've come across so far... and more importantly, gives some really sound advice on how to avoid them

steve

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Don't know a single thing about your lady but some women can be dang hard to get along with and even harder to get along without . Men + women just ain't the same creature . At least if you have labs you should have big doghouses . ;D

M

MiniMe

bigcypresshunter said:
Night Stalker said:
Trust me, you get what you give in marriage, it is definitely 50/50.   You must give in order to take, or the well will eventually run dry      ~

Night Stalker
I agree. If you think of yourself, you will be by yourself. :)

How true, how true....

M

MiniMe

That was great Mrs.Oroblanco...Thank you....and may God be watching over your niece in Iraq. God bless our troops.

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Well, good to hear you're working it out.

My wife left me a year ago TODAY. I came home from work (2d shift) and she was GONE. I have spent the last 12 months begging, and wondering what I could have done better. The problem is, in order for 'us' to work (I don't see it happening) we BOTH have to want it.

That is obviously the gist of the posts here (the 50/50, 100/100, etc trains of thought).

Hope you two have a long and happy life together. You look like a grreat couple!

sign me,

Too old to be doing this again.

Roger

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
This was a good little thread... always nice to be reminded that there was a reason we made the choice to get married in the first place!

Sometimes I want to punch my wife right in the face for saying "yes" to me 20 years ago... and then I remember all the reasons I want to kiss her for saying "yes" to me 20 years ago!

If there is a problem and it's wrong, get out... when it's right, fight!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread