OK, necklace not cleaned yet but posting pic anyway

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning was great! My son goes back to school on Wednesday so I took him fishing at a local lake this morning. We caught some pike and bass and then I headed to a busy sandbar. He fished and swam a little bit while the boat was anchored, but I had the CZ-20 scanning the swim area. Lots of clad so I started ignoring those coin signals. Finally I scooped up this chain that rang in on a gold signal. Just starting to clean it but its looking like white gold and 30 1/2" long. If you have any great tips on cleaning these please share. I soaked it for a little while in an ammonia and water solution but it didn't seem to be making any progress. Anyway, could have had a lot of clad and I will probably go back and cover this whole area better. Only spent about an hour doing it today. This is my best CZ-20 find so far. Haven't weighed it yet. Probably will take it to a jeweler to find out more about it. My last couple of days on land hunting have been a little slow with just some decent finds, not to mention digging on hard, dry ground isn't a lot of fun either.

100_1746.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread