onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now a bit of interesting history about taking a bath, way back when, Victorian time I guess, it was proper to take a bath but once a year ,This usually took place in May, most all weddings were held in June seeing that the smell was not to bad after a month, the bride would carry flowers to cover up the tell tailing body Oder. This is how the bouquet was started...Also back then when it became time to bathe the elder husband took his bath first then the wife then the children then the baby by the time the baby had its bath the water was very dirty,there for the saying "Don t throw the baby out with the bath water" look it up

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
onfire said:
Now a bit of interesting history about taking a bath, way back when, Victorian time I guess, it was proper to take a bath but once a year ,This usually took place in May, most all weddings were held in June seeing that the smell was not to bad after a month, the bride would carry flowers to cover up the tell tailing body Oder. This is how the bouquet was started...Also back then when it became time to bathe the elder husband took his bath first then the wife then the children then the baby by the time the baby had its bath the water was very dirty,there for the saying "Don t throw the baby out with the bath water" look it up

thanks for that info.... um... but can you ad whether or not they cleaned up daily...

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
At least once, 50% of the time twice. Usually a bath, I sorta like to soak. I never could do it while in the Military so I like to enjoy a soak if possible. Hey, It will be twice today. I am going to hit the Dunes of South Padre to detect towards an old Union rail road as soon as I get off work. I know I will be awfully sweaty and stinky when I get home and I would like one little peck on the cheek from the better half. ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm in my smoking jacket and pajamas lounging with the Bunnies.Watching season one of Mad Men all day on DVD.I see no reason to.After work everyday yes.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shower whenever I want to. If it's hot and sticky, I might jump in a shower 3 or 4 times a day. I hardly ever shower in the morning.

I prefer to soak in a bath, unwind, and then dump the water and take a shower (I love baths, just can't stand keeping all the 'floaters' on me, don't feel clean, so I shower right afterwards.)

If I'm camping, mining - I might not shower everyday. Where we spent alot of time going, you have to travel quite a ways to get your water, so a bunch goes into a self-circulating mining system, and a shower once every couple of days (washcloths and soap inbetween showers, of course).
But water there precious, and can't afford to waste it.

Once a week or so, we will stay in a motel room so that we can take looooonnnnnngggggg, hot, showers, and catch up on the news of the world.

B

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "norm" is once a day but, there are times that 2 or 3 are called for. There are also the times that a person parties late into the night and then gets up late with no time to shower. I've had a few of those days and I felt crappy all day. Have to agree with the bath thing. I just don't like lying in a tub with the bathtub ring of dirt around my body as well as the tub. We had a lady at work long ago that had a very bad odor problem. Her and her husband had a load of kids and not much money. Although they had access to water, they only "bathed" once or twice a week. I had heard that some of the kids had been sent home from school due to their grooming shortcomings. This was their "norm" and they didn't think twice about it.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO LUVS: Interesting bit of news. As usual we OIRISH rate near the top on luv making and bathing.

Hmm. I guess that I wouldn't rate very high after two weeks on the trail sweating along with my mule, and not shaving. Of course the mule's sweaty saddle blanket serves as mine at night also.

Funny, I never noticed any unusal odor? Why do the gals in the isolated ranches shy away fom me? Sigh

Don Jose de La Mancha
`````````````

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-lovers-with-English-men-in-second-place.html

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HIO LUVS: Intersting bit of news. As usual we OIRISH rate near the top on ;luv making and bathing.

Hmm. I guess that I wouldn't rate very high after two weeks on the trail sweating along with my mule, and not shaving. Of course the mule's sweaty saddle blanket serves as mine at night also.

Funny, I never noticed any unusal odor? Why do the gals in the isolated ranches shy away fom me? Sigh

Don Jose de La Mancha
`````````````

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-lovers-with-English-men-in-second-place.html

omg REAL.... this topic was about showering... LMFAO it has nothing to do with the
link you posted!!!!! silly! :-* :-*

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI luv: It certainly does, it refers to the body odor of some country's men turning off the gals.

Don Jose de La Mancha

yeah like one line!!!!! the rest of it was how well men performed in bed! :laughing7:

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HMM aren't they closely interelated? :icon_sunny:

Don Jose de La Mancha

idk.... are they?
life to date i have never gotten into bed with anyone that smelled. LOL- true story

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shower every morning. I was thinking of Queen Elizabeth I and stories I heard about her. She not only didn't bathe, she would wear the same clothes for weeks. I have read several accounts of how bad she stank. I am told that if you are around a bad odor all the time pretty soon your olfactory glands get use to it and it doesn't stink any more. I wouldn't know. Monty

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im so glad all of you shower :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I've found that vegans smell pure and sweet.
It's the high meat consumption that makes North Americans constipated and reeking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread