Ol Whites Treasuremaster PI1000 info.?

G

Gambit7

Ol' Whites Treasuremaster PI1000 info.?

Anyone have any experience with this detector? Someone has one up for sale right around the corner from me. I'm thinking about purchasing it rather then an expensive new one.
I'm able to locate the manual, but it really says next to nothing about the actual detector.

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/TM Amphibian Manuals/TM PI 1000 Instruction Manual.pdf

Thanks
Shawn

Upvote 0

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
Re: Ol' Whites Treasuremaster PI1000 info.?

had one for a while back in the "80's. It goes DEEP. but way too sensitive on bullet shells and small iron. great for the ocean as small iron disappears from the salt. under $200 bucks would be worth it.

OP
OP
G

Gambit7

Yah, I'll be strictly using it IN the ocean. Combing water 4 feet or less mostly, and then out when I'm diving. How do you think this measures up to the newer MDs?

thanks for the reply btw

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The newer pulse MD's work the same way and may have a different electronics in the box but it works the same way. The only suggestion I would make is in the diving part. Make sure the gaskets and seals aren't deteriorated and let in water under pressure of the dive. Being a Pulse machine it will always be sensitive to iron objects, but it will get good depth an all things. In the ocean where sand movement buries and uncovers targets you need a detector that punches down to find the stuff. Good Luck..

Sandman

midas777gold

May 29, 2006

In my opinion, it's better than the White's newest PI, because it does not have that annoying SAT, which can tune out a target if you go slow.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its to old and is slightly less sensitive than the later Surfmaster Pulse. Rather heavy if used out the water on wet sand. 4.5 lbs I think with a heavy coil. The pulse rate is 3.3khz or about two pulses per second. This means to get best performance you can't sweep to slow. Fine underwater but not good out. I know you say it would only be used in/under water but why limit yourself ?
Never managed to get much more than ten hours out of a set of batteries.
Re the SAT control (Whites Surfmaster) the advantage is that you can cross channels without the problem of having to retune to maintain depth and sensitivity as you had to with most of the older P.I.'s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread