home_movie_001.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 88
  • home_movie_002.jpg
    home_movie_002.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 82
  • home_movie_004.jpg
    home_movie_004.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 99
My dad had what was in its day a nice 16mm camera. He died some years back and then my brother died 3 years ago. I kept two to eventually get put on dvd, but had to auction the rest. Didn't really want to rehash all that old stuff.

Very cool. I wish you could buy that film. No one makes it anymore. I wanted to shoot some video with it for fun from some of my old cameras. Enjoy it.

Oh yeah make sure that you have a low temp bulb as that old film can melt...

Very cool. I wish you could buy that film. No one makes it anymore. I wanted to shoot some video with it for fun from some of my old cameras. Enjoy it.

Oh yeah make sure that you have a low temp bulb as that old film can melt...
I may have a blank roll of 16mm. I know I have blank super 8. I'll check when I get a chance on the 16mm. If I do, you can have it.

Those could be really interesting, mojjax. I hope the film isn't too brittle to play. It would be really cool if that 1955 vacation reel has footage of Disneyland in it's infancy. If it does, it could be very valuable. I'm sure there are Disney collectors out there who would love to have film of Disneyland in its first year of operation. At a recent estate auction, I bought some Kodachrome slides taken in 1963 that included about a dozen Disneyland shots. They sold quickly on ebay. I didn't get a lot of money for them but I did make a small profit.

I just got one of my 16mm out of the attic . it's a Revere . I think I got it at a Garage sale 10 years ago . I fired it up for a few seconds - everything works , including the bulb - I need to clean the dust and spider webs & oil it .

Attachments

• home_movie_008.jpg
    home_movie_008.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 79
  • home_movie_009.jpg
    home_movie_009.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 84
  • home_movie_011.jpg
    home_movie_011.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 79
I love finds like this. Celluloid time capsules in metal cans. A friend of mine just found 20 cans of 16mm his dad took from 1958-1964. I'm going to edit a life story video for his family from it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back