Old and New Find - My Grandparents WWII Era Driver License together again!!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Old and New Find - My Grandparent's WWII Era Driver License together again!!

I was organizing some family things today and came across my Grandfather's Drivers License from 1945, I immediately recognized the shape and remembered I had another one!! I had dug my Grandmother's license from her backyard after she has passed away. So I now have both of their licenses from when he was stationed in South Carolina during WWII. I cherish these sort of family items and they will be mounted and framed on the wall along with other unique family items..

Makes for a great day for me!!!

HH

MB

Attachments

• DSCN4813.JPG
    DSCN4813.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Re: Old and New Find - My Grandparent's WWII Era Driver License together again!!

That is awesome :icon_thumleft: Well done!

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Re: Old and New Find - My Grandparent's WWII Era Driver License together again!!

Very cool, Monkeyboy. I feel the same way about items connected to the family. I hunted my grandfathers yard on my mom's side and dug my grandpas 1930's hunting license frame, and its one of my favorite finds.

I also hunted my grandmothers yard on my dad's side and dug several mercs and wheats. I even cleaned and put the wheats in flip folders because they were probably carried and lost by my grandparents.

MP

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From the land of the Bluenose...neat and imagine carrying those in your wallet...lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread