BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Re: OLD BENTWOOD BOX'S MARK THE LOST SPANISH MOUND

hmmm said:
I created this poll, just qoute it and ad your answer.
i would like to see how many people think these boxes are coastle native indian burial boxes, or how many think its not indian boxes.
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
name Indian made burial box non indian box
hmmm no yes

No, No, NO.

Daryl

vthepresident

Dec 30, 2007
Charlottesville, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Prism II, Tesoro Sand Shark

I think its wild that posts like crackbadgers gazillion rings and the half disme have drifted down the ole line, but this nutty business keeps popping up. Maybe I swallowed a pulltab from a mystical Spanish Indian beverage can back in 1976, and as it finally worked its way back to the sea, travelled to the west coast, and will be the next find from your boxes! Now that would be some provenance.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Angelo said:
HMMM:

The following information is from a gentleman with rather good credentials over in your area.

I read most of it and I am very skeptical.

I see a much embarrassing evidence of intentional fabrications, which appear to utilize human remains not older than several decades and are not very well thought out assuming the intent is to recreate the 'Piltdown Man'. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piltdown_Man) Nothing here I would spend much of my time on.

::),, This is the responce of most of those profecional archeologists.hmmm ::)
The only reliable tools available are careful record keeping, scientific method, and independent labratory analysis.

It would take a huge, previously untouched find; well documented and professionally excavated, to upturn the collective accepted Spanish insignificance in the history of this coastline. We shall see if any such discoveries are made, and we can only hope such a discoverer has the presence of mind to proceed in scientific fashion.

Fine then , no poll.

this person with good cridentails said,,
"human remains not older than several decades "
---------the rcmp dated one skull, Its 235 years old. ---------
The only reliable tools available are careful record keeping, scientific method, and independent labratory analysis.

---------I agree this is what needs to be done, but.---------------
He said ,
"It would take a huge, previously untouched find; well documented and professionally excavated, to upturn the collective accepted Spanish insignificance in the history of this coastline. We shall see if any such discoveries are made, and we can only hope such a discoverer has the presence of mind to proceed in scientific fashion."

--------I agree but most of the potentail sites are held in indian reserves, the rest are being handed to them in the treaty, the bands only do digs to look for there own history. the last dig they did , they scraped off the first 500 years of dirt. they said "our people left 500 years ago, so there is no reason to search that layer". This person has already decided the history of this area, he discounts all the local finds . when i inquired about the boxes a few years ago the elders told me there where many, there was even a barrel with the body in it. pm me this persons phone number and i will talk to him in person. Ask this person what he thinks of the old shamon video, is willy full of crap as well. --------------------

ask him, is this a traditional bent wood indian burial box?

the folowing pictures show the site that i got the beads body armor and the bronz spike. i found the beads because i found a large spike, the beads where in the hole. this site was a old home stead on the edge of a indian reserve, the treaty has added it to the reserve, this is hiding the possibility of doing what he said.
"It would take a huge, previously untouched find; well documented and professionally excavated, to upturn the collective accepted Spanish insignificance in the history of this coastline."

Attachments

• digbeads.jpg
    digbeads.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 871
  • digbead.jpg
    digbead.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 856
  • digbeadss.jpg
    digbeadss.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 857

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used
white's dfx Bounty hunter landstar

don't worry about the poll, it means nothing

I'm still trying to sort it all out

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ralph , i would rather not give a detailed map of the area, i could email you a more detailed one..
The red line is the path the manila treasure ships used for hundreds of years.
the location of the pirates, is the approximate location of my finds.
Its the perfect place for a Pirate hang out.
Drake and his cousin , J Hawkins Attacked and defeated the spanish somewhere during the 16th century.
this book implies that drake came to Vancouver island.
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Voyage-Sir-Francis-Drake/dp/0802714056
In the book it says drake spent some time in "port desire"
It makes sense for pirates to use this location as there hide out, it's at the end of the manila trade rout.
Its the location of Spanish treasure tales
16 th and 17 the century treasure went right by this spot, easy pickens for pirates..

:D X marks the dem bones.

Attachments

• piratehangout.jpg
    piratehangout.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 948

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Drake

Seems Drake went up the Pacific coast once and then continued on West. He never returned (why hide treasure at the risk of a beheading - theft from the Crown - if you're not coming back for it?) He never made it to Japan, Korea, Kamchatka or whatever else that "great circle" implies.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY) said:
May not be the cure to cancer, but if the visitors die or come down with pneumonia or tuberculosis we can chalk one up to hispoplasmosis - cave sickess - and the source of cursed caves and tomb legends. The spores of the cave fungus Histoplasma capulatum can be fatal if inhaled.

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?cave+sickness

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?Histoplasma+capsulatum

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?Histoplasmosis

Or, if these were the bodies of one of histories influenza or tuburculosis outbreaks you may find out why there are more than ethical and moral reasons not to disturb the dead. Sometimes the boogeyman can be very, very tiny.

Are there any types of this fungus which cause mental instability? :-X :-X

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter

>:( >: Maybe I'm Lost, but this whole stuff has gone to far, I've tried to keep up, but I'll try another topic that may be more use to the members here.No disrespect to anyone.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BuckleBoy said:
Charlie P. (NY) said:
May not be the cure to cancer, but if the visitors die or come down with pneumonia or tuberculosis we can chalk one up to hispoplasmosis - cave sickess - and the source of cursed caves and tomb legends. The spores of the cave fungus Histoplasma capulatum can be fatal if inhaled.

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?cave+sickness

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?Histoplasma+capsulatum

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?Histoplasmosis

Or, if these were the bodies of one of histories influenza or tuburculosis outbreaks you may find out why there are more than ethical and moral reasons not to disturb the dead. Sometimes the boogeyman can be very, very tiny.

Are there any types of this fungus which cause mental instability? :-X :-X

Matter of fact, yes.

Fungal meningitis is most commonly caused by an infection of the fungus, Cryptococcus. It does not develop acutely, but usually progresses slowly, causing headaches and cranial nerve palsies. It may be fatal or cause permanent brain damage.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

It's Alliiivvveeee! This thread just keeps going, and going....

footer_keep_going.jpg

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Ralphw said:
kinda reminds me of my Jr highschool days

... its also a great place to be a bully.

I've contributed 15 or so posts to both help and prompt replies from our friend Hmmm who has sabotaged his own work here at every turn... so now, instead of just calling it what it is - I personally have pulled all my posts.

He's tripping along merrily and enjoying himself... who am I to ask pertinent questions about his allegations? Many folks here have done TONS of research for him that is either ignored or twisted... You already have seen that professionals have doupted the allegations and can't remotely follow the thread - they must be bullies too...

So I guess I'll eat my words when I see his the re-writting of Canadian History on the Discovery Channel. His homemade maps will be very impressive in High Def...

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oK i paniced, somone put a picture of a gun and i over reacted, deleted some posts and pictures. I am sorry.

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used
white's dfx Bounty hunter landstar

Montana Jim said:
Ralphw said:
kinda reminds me of my Jr highschool days

... its also a great place to be a bully.

I've contributed 15 or so posts to both help and prompt replies from our friend Hmmm who has sabotaged his own work here at every turn... so now, instead of just calling it what it is - I personally have pulled all my posts.

He's tripping along merrily and enjoying himself... who am I to ask pertinent questions about his allegations? Many folks here have done TONS of research for him that is either ignored or twisted... You already have seen that professionals have doupted the allegations and can't remotely follow the thread - they must be bullies too...

So I guess I'll eat my words when I see his the re-writting of Canadian History on the Discovery Channel. His homemade maps will be very impressive in High Def...

certainly wasn't refering to you jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

hmmm said:
oK i paniced, somone put a picture of a gun and i over reacted, deleted some posts and pictures. I am sorry.

Perfect example...

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Alright... I have read almost all the posts in this thread tonight... I am assuming Hmmm that you are in BC Canada. Vancouver Island or somewhere close to it. If you want some help with the native's there I have a friend who is an elder of the First Nations tribe on Vancouver Island. I was there last June on a missions trip to the reservations and I am scheduled to go back this June 2008. Let me know, or heck when I am there I will go help you look around....LOL

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OK who went and brought THIS string back to life? I was just getting over the headache I got from reading through it the first time. The whole thing's just a big, convoluted, disorganized, confusing jumble of wasted bandwidth!

Hmmm, why don't you summarize this thing in ONE big post with the pics in a structured, chronological manner that follows ONE line in ONE direction? In plain English too! None of this tap-dancing with irritating code words, either. It makes me want to go whack myself upside the head with a Dem Board, whatever the bejeebers that is!

And this forum also generously provides a spell check function to use when you post. Please, for the love of God, do so.

Now I think I'll unclog my mind by going to the aluminum counter-thingy post again to see if I can ID it. (after I take some Motrin.)

-SgtSki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread