Old circus grounds...yes Again and COIN SPILL!!!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I promised yesterday that I'd be back with more today. Yesterday was a quick hunt because of an appointment then it worked the rest of the day. Well being self employed I lied to my boss today and snuck out for 2 hours. This old circus ground is so thick you literally need to crawl in some spots. While crawling I hit a 81-82 on the ATP. 2 inches down was a 47' Rosie. I hit the spot I hit yesterday but checked very close to the small trees and BaM!!...70-88 very jumpy but very solid tone. This was probably the deepest at 4-5". Out comes a 44' P war nickel then wait a minute 35' merc. So I stand up turn around and dig a wheat about 8 feet away. Then realized I didn't recheck my hole. I walked over to the hole and 81-82 AGAIN! Out pops a 44' merc another inch down same hole. So I check behind the 2" diameter tree and I get a 86-88. Ok this has got to be trash...no how about a 41' Washington. Today was a pretty good day in my book 4 silver coin spill and another silver not too far away. I also pulled 3 wheats in between all the chaos but it was a great day! I have be recording all my (silver) digs live and will be starting a youtube channel soon under the same handle as here. I think I have some plans for another location tommorow but I will definitely return to the circus grounds soon! Thanks for reading!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431654533.733945.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431654550.034070.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431654561.451761.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431654575.036498.jpg

Upvote 24
OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it's one of those places Carolina Tom had seeded in his past that I read about...lol thanks for the replies

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies I'll post tommorow!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not trying to derail the thread but.........

I just got my answer to hunting the old carnival grounds today; a big fat "NO" from the lady who answered the phone.

A church bought it and MAY be building something there in a few years. They don't want anyone sniffing around the place. It's just a big vacant lot that no one ever uses.

I'm sure there's a TON of trash there and a fair amount of treasure. The sad part is, it was just sold back in January and I could have gotten in there last year had I thought about asking. I was told by the previous owner they would have loved to let me hunt just to see what I could have found. I just never got around to it. You snooze you lose right??

But I haven't given in completely. I'll wait a week or two and call again in the hopes that someone more accommodating answers the phone. I may even just stop by the Church and find the "right person" to try and talk to.

I can be pretty convincing. I was a salesman for a few years and really honed my "overcoming objection" skills. The lady just never gave me the chance.

Last edited:

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely stop by and talk with someone in person!!! Sometimes the angry "church lady" takes control and no one has any fun!!! Good luck!!!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely stop by and talk with someone in person!!! Sometimes the angry "church lady" takes control and no one has any fun!!! Good luck!!!

Yeah, that's what I need to do.
I have to drive into Baltimore to talk to someone 'cause that's where the church is.

You probably know that Baltimore has been in the news lately. It's not nearly as bad as it looked on TV. It's WORSE.

I'm a country boy and I only go into the city when I absolutely have to. I really dislike the place as I do most cities. Forget about the drugs and crime. It's just a downright unsightly (ugly) and dirty place. Concrete and asphalt hold no aesthetic qualities for me. There is some fantastic old architecture there but there's plenty of that out where I live as well.

I have a few coworkers who were raised and live in the city. My cousin has owned a well known restaurant in Fells Point for the last 40 years. They don't like the country. I guess it's whatever you're used to.

But, since I need this permission I guess that means I WILL be going to Baltimore soon. I guess I'll even drive to my least favorite place if it means a shot at hunting some treasure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, that's what I need to do.
I have to drive into Baltimore to talk to someone 'cause that's where the church is.

You probably know that Baltimore has been in the news lately. It's not as bad as it looked on TV. It's WORSE.

I'm a country boy and I only go into the city when I absolutely have to. I really dislike the place as I do most cities. Forget about the drugs and crime. It's just a downright ugly and dirty place. I have a few coworkers who were raised and live there. They don't like the country. I guess it's whatever you're used to.

Since I need this permission I guess that means I WILL go to Baltimore soon. I guess I'll even drive to my least favorite place if it means a shot at hunting treasure.

you lost your class ring in that lot...it meant the world to you...it was about 7 years ago...just sayin

OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you lost your class ring in that lot...it meant the world to you...it was about 7 years ago...just sayin

Now that's one hell of a ruse.
Thank you for that.

I once used the "I lost my silver Cub Scout ring when I was a kid" (at another spot; an old schoolhouse I actually attended in 1st grade before it was closed) but it didn't work. I actually did lose the ring but not in the 1st grade and not at that location.

That schoolhouse property is another spot I'm dying to hunt. My dad was born in 1925 and he went there when he was a kid too. I KNOW there is treasure to be had, probably lots of silver. That's IF there's any left.

It was sold to a Chinese Bible church who refurbished the old schoolhouse and are using it again. Last summer I drove by one Sunday afternoon and saw about 8-10 kids out there swinging Bounty Hunter detectors. I'm thinking about "volunteering" to teach those kids how to really hunt. I'll present it like I'm doing them a big favor; for free even.

Since kids, dogs and other 4 legged critters seem to gravitate to me for some odd reason and I actually like kids, it might work.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread