20171024_073252.jpg 20171024_081900.jpg 20171024_070919.jpg 20171024_081554.jpg

Attachments

• 20171024_072947.jpg
    20171024_072947.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 125

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I understand your skepticism and that's cool. But what's harder to believe... that I may actually be right or that you can go and get any river rock crack it open and have it like this one? I circled the obvious stuff to help you. Prove me wrong and tell me what's circled isn't what I know it is. If you can do that I'll shut up and admit that I must crazy and gracefully bow out of this thread with my tail between my legs. Maby I'm just Not giving nature enough credit or just got super super lucky and picked up a magical river rock that I happend to split perfectly enough to replicate the writing/edges/full coins/completely different outer layer that I circled View attachment 1508992

It's not our job to prove you wrong, it's you're job to prove yourself right and you have failed miserably. Bowing out ASAP would be the honorable thing to do.

Upvote 0

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Based on my quick assessment of you and your claim, if I own the Pawn Shop that you take these to, I'm telling you whatever you want to hear to get you the heck out of my store.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coins have only been around for 2,700 years. Reeded edges even more recent.

Rocks are millions of years old.

You're probably seeing the edges of shells or other fossilized critter remains.

Upvote 0

Shane508

Sep 19, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, sorry, those are just rocks. There's no such thing as coin rocks.

Upvote 0

jan nielsen

Dec 3, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These stones look like river rocks to me mojjax, encrustation like you link to happens in saltwater.

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Or ****. Come to my house in Seattle and break one open your self. Well put 500$ on what's inside. It's practically free money for you lol

ok...how about Dick's on Holman road ...say 3:00?

Upvote 0

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe I read this whole thread after the first post.....and I haven't smoked in 20 years.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your skepticism and that's cool. But what's harder to believe... that I may actually be right or that you can go and get any river rock crack it open and have it like this one? I circled the obvious stuff to help you. Prove me wrong and tell me what's circled isn't what I know it is. If you can do that I'll shut up and admit that I must crazy and gracefully bow out of this thread with my tail between my legs. Maby I'm just Not giving nature enough credit or just got super super lucky and picked up a magical river rock that I happend to split perfectly enough to replicate the writing/edges/full coins/completely different outer layer that I circled View attachment 1508992

Show me anywhere, Where Gold or silver, has tarnished Iron color. I have had melted silver coins from house fires. They are usually black. I have not ever seen them turn Iron oxide color. :occasion14:

Dude...If your going to mess with us you have to not go as extreme!:laughing7:

And yes!!! You are super lucky to have found the magic mushroom rock! Or magical river rocks dropped by a dragon! Huh! You didn't even think I knew about the Dragon that melted them with his breath involved...Did ya? :laughing7:

No this isn't BackwoodsBob...He knows his stuff....This is an imposter!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

History Hunter02

Jun 4, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's 5900/Di Pro SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we got trolled hard. I ended up reading every comment. This deserves to get some form of recognition.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread