diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say.It's probably an isolated find.British Honduras is now known as the country of Belize.The mid to late 19th century brought about many cultural changes when Great Britian declared Belize to be the colony of British Honduras.Slaves were freed and they soon began to marry within the European settlers' community,eventually forming the Creole cultural majority,dominant in the population today.Other cultures began to mingle within the country, including Mexican, Kekchi, Mopan Maya, the Garafuna, and interestingly enough some Confederate Civil War veterans.Maybe this coin was lost or thrown overboard by a C.W. vet. returning from Belize sometime around the turn of the 20th century.Or better yet if you found it near Crystal beach, maybe it was thrown from the pier that used to be at Crystal beach spring in the late 1800's.The spring is located just 200 feet off Crystal beach in the Gulf.No beach now- just homes.

PS-Welcome to the Tnet forum! :)

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin Travis. British Honduras is now Belize.

I didn't get to email you to thank you for the scoop that you sold me. Remember I met up with you in Crystal Beach with my wife? The scoop is excellent. It really takes a bite when you push it down into the sand. I could barely lift it when it is full because I was pushing it all the way to the bottom in wet sand. It doesn't twist around like my other. I can't imagine anyone wanting a bigger scoop. I highly recommend it.

Thanks again and have a good one.

davesx

Aug 27, 2006
essex, england
Hi Travis.
I would say it is from a wreck and its been buried since it was lost
because its not worn, If it had been on the sea bed in the sand and shingle
it would be smooth and shiny,like in a tumbler,I would think it has been sucked up and pumped on to the beach.
Just my theory.

Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions