Old fort discovered? -PICTURES, good story

ingram4868

Jan 16, 2014
Sparks, NV
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's Coinmaster, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Garrett-Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing the pictures give me goose bumps about the potential finds. Take your time and have fun.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, from what you guys are saying, it appears many of you believe it is indeed either a fort or a mill from colonial times. If there are any artifacts here, I am worried of how deep they could be or the amount of trash there (from people screwing around down there will beer cans etc.?). I am pretty busy with school and sports and work so not really time to research. I definitely be hunting it this spring though. Thanks guys, and keep the comments coming!

Most my finds in wooded areas are not deep at all. In fact they are down right shallow. I know it goes against the common idea that things in the woods would be real deep because of the leaf cover and stuff. But, my experience has been the opposite. I love the woods.

Get your detector down there in the Spring before the brush starts growing and good luck to you!

-Swartzie

OP
OP
DiggItUp

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
Thanks. It's pretty cold here now. Just itching for spring. Probably March.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. It's pretty cold here now. Just itching for spring. Probably March.

Don't wait for too long. The colder months are when snakes are denned up and stiff / slow moving. In the spring, they'll be coming out hungry as heck and striking at anything that moves, while looking for food.........they haven't eaten for a while and are irritable.

OP
OP
DiggItUp

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
Don't wait for too long. The colder months are when snakes are denned up and stiff / slow moving. In the spring, they'll be coming out hungry as heck and striking at anything that moves, while looking for food.........they haven't eaten for a while and are irritable.

:{ I'll be careful. Hopefully these freezing temps don't last for too much longer!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to mention, above, that some folks have discovered rattlers that do not buzz their warning. Seems that wild hogs key in to that sound and hunt them down to eat and the snakes are learning. I saw a photo on facebook of 2 men holding up an 8 foot rattler that they had killed and they wrote that it was luckily seen because it did not sound it's warning rattle.
So, be aware of that finding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread