Old Ghost Beach

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
I took a ride this past sunday to an abandent beach community in Connecticut. It is called pleasure beach. It was nice to get there after doing the research AND SEEING IT, THAT IN ITSELF made the trip a good one. I packed everything i needed because it was a mille and a half walk in. That was a killer the last 1/2 mile was easy. When i got there i saw the old merry go round and the old theater plus the pavillion boy it got my blood pumping . This was a popular beach back in the early 1900's and it has been abandond since the early 90's because of a burnt bridge.I stayed about 8 hours hunting the land waiting for low tide . I found a few coins one oldie a 1922 merc. Then i hit the water about 2 ish 2 minutes in and bang an old silver ring and that was it. Nothing else. I would try it again only at a minus tide but it felt nice to finnally hit a spot after doing the research. I have another place in mind maybe i will go next week. It hqs the same things it was an old amusement park but it is still a popular beach area . The amusement park is gone but i will give it a shot. Anyone interested in going give me an email. I took pictures of pleasure beach but i need a power cord i lost it so it will take a week to get a replacement. Anyone who wants info about pleasure beach let me know.
HH
Lowtones

Upvote 0

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
lowtunes,

That sounds like an excellent place to detect. I'd meet up with ya but I live in the Land of Oz. :o

Good luck with future hunts. Hope to see some pics. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread