Old glazed ptcher of some sort.

ulven

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. My son dug this up on our old farm in Denmark about 30-35 years ago. It is approx 3 and one quarter inches high. It looks as it were thrown on a pottery wheel. It has a small spout on the side instead of opposite of the handle. I am trying to find out more about it. Approx age and worth. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome ulven,

Can you please post some photos of it? It sounds like a creamer, and an ergonomically improved one, at that.

1828.1L.jpg Unusual Side Spout Copper Luster Pitcher

$T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KftmcBROj-3bU5w~~60_35.JPG Small Stoneware Pitcher Williamsburg Pottery Jug Side Spout Creamer

OP
OP
U

ulven

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old little pitcher 001 (640x480).jpg old little pitcher 002 (640x480).jpg old little pitcher 005.JPG old pitcher jake dug up 001 (640x480).jpg I am sorry. I thought I did. I am new here and can't figure out how to upload pics. I am also technically challenged. :) I will try again though. Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

ulven

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much. I thought it was so cool when my son dug it up. Our farm had stood there for a couple of hundred years and he was like a miniature pack rat, always finding things and bringing them home. :) I was always on the lookout for an old bottle dump, but never found one.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a nice piece! I don't know it's value tho sorry. If you look around the area for an indentation in the ground, try poking a rod into it & if it goes in easily you might be on the privy. It's amazing what treasures people threw in them. Lot's of old bottles & such. Grab your son & have a look around. Good luck, & if you have any other finds of his laying around, post some pics for us.

OP
OP
U

ulven

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't live there anymore. :(. I did try with the stick, but couldn't find anything. My oldest brother was a bottle hunting genius and had a huge collection of bottles. I got a couple of them, but the really "good" ones were sold off when he got sick.
I have looked at "Yellowware" and it just doesn't seem to be it. The glaze is different from anything I have seen so far. Antique Roadhouse here I come if they get to Wisconsin. :) . There is more here, but I have to resize pics before posting them. Love this site!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread