Old home site, with BH platinum and nel sharpshooter

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a site today in NJ, the site had a house in it dating back to the 1930s. The. Sometime around 2008-10 it was demolished, and now is a open green space. The platinum did ok amongst all the nails and iron, I wished I had my at pro. As I was getting lots of false signals which made swinging tricky. As I'm swinging I would get high tones, but when I go check the spot nothing comes up. So it took twice as long to cover an area. None the less, I dug lots of wheaties, and I knew there has to be silver around there. Sadly it was not today, as my trip was cut short because my sister called me about going out for buffet and running some errands. I did get a IHC, and a Chinese coin.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Can't really tell the year, I'm thinking 1880.
image.jpg
image.jpg
The Chinese coin is about the size of a us nickel, maybe a little bit better.

Hopefully I can return tomorrow and pound that place, I just know there is silver there. Unless someone cherry picked it already and left the wheaties and Chinese coin for me...

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those 2 keepers. :occasion14: Good luck when you go back

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Liu.:thumbsup:

That SharpShooter seems to be kicken some butt.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a couple of keepers, especially the IHP!

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was back at the site for an hour and a half ish. Dug a small toy truck, 1 wheat cent, 2 zinc cent, one copper, and bunch of broken lead or bronze pieces.. Zero Silver, quarters or dimes, I hit a different section of the site maybe that is why.. Maybe the Platinum have trouble with all the iron targets... Guess we will never know till my AT pro comes back from Garrett, and i get a chance to come back to NJ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread