Old home site

bushlight

Aug 24, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250 hanging on the wall,Whites mxt,garrett at pro that the girlfriend uses now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today went to this old site in the woods.Dug some iron piece's,glass and wire.Found out that if you hold the vaquero about 12 inch's off the ground.And there is something big in the ground it will sound off.Turned out to be a piece of tin 2 inch's in the ground.Found a shell casing and some neat looking thing.But i can't figure out how to resize the picture.Broke my walmart digger time to upgrade.Then i'll head back in.

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah buddy, I learned that with my Ace 250. Sometimes it says something is 2 to 4 inches down. If I don"t find it quick I hold the coil up about a foot. if it still shows a target I know real quick it a big one. Hope you get to go back and find some goodies. The last time I broke a digger it was the only one I had with me. It sure is a bummer when you break the only one you have with you. Good luck.

DANGLANGLEY

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing with a lot of detectors. I do the same thing with my Explorer when I suspect something's big at an old homesite. Usually a zinc Mason lid for me. I just CAN'T resist digging them in the hopes that it's still screwed onto a jar full of old silver!!! (no luck so far)

HH,
SgtSki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread