30 mins in between the downpours yields silver

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Pretty crappy day here in the Northeast, but I was determined to get a bit of digging in. I took the X2 today instead of the X5 since my X5 has no rain cover yet. I knew I was limited so I hit a local woodchip area and got in 30 mins before the skies opened up again. I was surprised to find a freshly dropped 59' quarter. Not too bad for 30 minutes. Tomorrow it's the X5 in the fields.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 1027.jpg
    1027.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 598
Upvote 0

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice lookin' quarter!!!

The X2's still a great machine and can still hold its own. I used to have one and sorta miss it at times. I traded it for a 1236-X2 so that I could have something to wear chest-mounted for when I go to cuss at pulltabs at the beach.
I'm happy with the Fisher, I just miss the X2 sometimes. Especially the coin check button and I also had mine tweaked to seperate IHs from zinc's a little better.

HH,
SgtSki

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Cool digs Mike, got to love finding silvers spilled from circulation. I think I have gotten two silver quarters and about 5 silver roosies this year in the chips. Of course, I get a little harrassment over them sometimes... like it isn't possible to pull a silver coin out of the clad from the playgrounds or something... the heck with the disbelievers and the spying troll. :P

Congrats and glad you were able to get out. Keep em coming. GOOD LUCK!

;D

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike,
Congratulations on the silver...that quarter looks to be in great shape. The rain kept me from hunting yesterday. I did make it to openning night at the new Devils arena in Newark. That place is amazing. They really did it right when they built it.

NJ

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
that quarter looks to be in great shape! Someone is missing it from their coin collection I'd think.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG mike ! that silver quarter is a beaut ;)

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
rebelLT said:
that quarter looks to be in great shape! Someone is missing it from their coin collection I'd think.
That's exactly what I thought. Some kid getting into his mother or father's coin collection.
Cya, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread