image-1550560743.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 4

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know how to clean these bottles.

White vinegar with just a splash or so of water. Use your thumb at the top, fill the bottle about 1/4 - 1/3 maybe put some cleaned pebbles in there, and shake it around and use a baby bottle brush if needed. Tip them upside down for an hour to get the moisture out, such as stick in a dishwasher to dry (WITHOUT RUNNING) just because theres posts in there to hold them upside down.

In the future, valuable bottles can be tumbled for about $20 I think but I don't think you have anything worth thousands but you never know. Most bottles with no embossing are only a few bucks (most of them), but post a list of the bottles and colors. I have studied this website several times and this can help give you an idea how old they are. I would say Late 1890's Early 1900's from the pictures but use this to get an idea of how old they are. http://www.sha.org/bottle/examples.htm

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man you will end up with a bottle collection in no time. That is a hemingrey insulator as stated look inside it should be stamped. Get ready to start storing these things they tend to take over. Get the metal detector on it and cherry pick it first then start working in more targets. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing!
HH
TnMtns

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice haul there. That little brown bottle in the 2nd pic looks neat. What was it used for?

OP
OP
jmachulski

jmachulski

Jul 29, 2012
Not to sure. Have not done any research on them yet. I know some brown bottles are Clorox And Lysol.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm jealous beyond words of you right now. One of my favorite things in the world to do is dig bottles. I am sooooo jealous!!!!!! Gld you have this great opportunity!!!! Who knows, with all these bottles, maybe the Holy Grail is down there! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread