Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings Fellow TNers. With winter closing in fast I have been hunting everyday if possible.
I went back to the site where I found the LC and rehunted it today.
5 minutes into the hunt I found the CW button on top of the ground under some corn leaves.
Next the small button and then found the Halfdime 2 hours later both down about 5 inches.
Talk about a mood enhancer.
Hunted until dark. 3 hours total.
It will be deer hunting season here in Illinois this Thursday through Sunday.
A good time not to be in the fields unless you have body armour.
Thanks for looking and best luck to all, Merf

Attachments

• 11-27-07 004.jpg
    11-27-07 004.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,140
  • 11-27-07 007.jpg
    11-27-07 007.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,122
  • 11-27-07 008.jpg
    11-27-07 008.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 11-27-07 011.jpg
    11-27-07 011.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,115
  • 11-27-07 012.jpg
    11-27-07 012.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,117
  • 11-27-07 013.jpg
    11-27-07 013.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,118
Upvote 0
OH OH Lord!!!! that is one heck of a good half dime. A Big congratulations Merf.
Burdie

Congrats on that beautiful half dime, Merf. You have been kicking some serious buttocks in Illinois quite recently.

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePA

Awesome job, Merfster! You better watch your back next time you hit this site...EDDE will be following. :D

You made me proud, my friend!

BDD...Kirk

Nice going Merf..your collection of obsolete coins this year is an inspiration to us all.
Glad you have a chance to hunt often before the cold weather hits.

Nat

Nat

You are a lucky guy to get that Eagle BUTTON AND an early 1800s Half Dime! You can quit detecting for the rest of the year now! Great DIGS!!!!

Merf,
Way to go!!! Very nice coin. I'd love to find an 1800's silver some day.
Congrats to you,
MM

No Stoppin' Now Merf !!!....A little blaze orange and you're back in business.Awesome Halfdime and Button Merf.Hat's off.....

Zoowie Merf. Love those finds. Nice, nice half dime. WTG.

I'm with you. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off to hunt the farm where I found the coin hoard Sunday.

Soon the ground will be frozen.

Ken

Hey Merf,

A Capped Bust Half Dime is a fantastic find! No too many Capped Bust coins show up here on T-Net, and yours is in excellent condition. In my opinion, the Capped Bust is one of the best American coin designs ever! Again, a great find and you deserve it!

WOW Merf! That is an incredible half dime! Congrats and watch the flying bullets during deer season.
HH
Mark G

Merf, you have me salivating over that half dime. What a beauty she is!! :o :o :o

Big congrats to you for sticking it out and detecting as much as you possibly can. If you don't mind, I'm going up to look at that dime some more.

Season's Greetings,
CAPTN SE
Dan

There you go Merf. One more keeper for the year........and what a keeper it is :o :o That coin is in beautiful condition. That field looks so big in the picture. Hit it some more. Maybe it's still hiding some goodies from you. :D ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back