Old house lot and a 1941-D Washington quarter....

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
While doing some errands this morning, i stopped at a wood frame, shiplape house on a double-sized lot. The home is being gutted inside out and from looking through the windows I could see that there was no one living inside. The house has an entrance at the front and another on the side. i decided to do the back yard which is where all the older stuff was found. I got my digger and ACe 250 which I always carry in my car and headed around back. The lot was a mix of 2-3 inch grass exposed mulched soil (under trees) , some refuse from the house. When I dug the 1941D quarter at about 3 inches I could see the unmistakable clean and creamy whiteness that says "silver!" I know I'll be going back - if nothing else to look for some wheaties and nickels in the back yard and front lawn along the walkway. Here are my finds which include about 11 Lincoln Memorials, one clad roosevelt dime, a red marble, a broken metal wing and an avon lipstick holder with blue enamel. I also found a metal ball which must have rolled in my car and didn't make it into the photo. Incidentally , the 11 Lincoln Mmeorials were by the side entrance where I am sure the college renters just toss them down. I feel that the older stuff is buried below and in the backyard. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 253
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 259
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 250
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 250
  • MVC-020S.JPG
    MVC-020S.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 260
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a dry spell on silver myself...glad to see someone finding it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread