Old House yields Wheat Cent, Cresent Wrench and......

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...........some clad. Oh well. I've been watching this house for a while because the property is going to be converted to a mini-mall. They started clearing it so I went by this morning to ask for permission to hunt.

The foreman said no problem just stay out of the way of the back hoe.

4 hours of hunting got me a 1957D wheatie, 4 quarters, 4 dimes and 33 cents. Relics included rusty cresent wrench, somewhat mangled mag-lite and a lead fishing lure. The lure has what appears to be either shed or hedd embossed on it but that part is a bit mangled and a brass cap for a shotgun shell.

Had to work fast because the back hoe was stripping off the grass and about the first 6" of topsoil. I got the front and west sides done, but he got to the east side and back stripped before I could get there.

No silver, but all in all not a bad day.

ps - if anyone wants the cresent wrench send me a message within a couple of days. Otherwise it'll go into the trash on Monday.

Attachments

• treasures 7-14.JPG
    treasures 7-14.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Way to go! You ought to go back and cover the area the backhoe cleared. You never know what it brought close to the surface.

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MindHunter said:
Well at least you had a Good 1/2 day in..... I have dug a 2 Flashlights within the 4 hunts..

Must be trying to tell me something.. And They worked too..

You should detect the Pile that he scratched up..
piggman1 said:
Way to go! You ought to go back and cover the area the backhoe cleared. You never know what it brought close to the surface.

I'm heading back tomorrow and packing a lunch ;D will put the machine in relic mode and hunt till either I drop or the batteries in both packs die ;D

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Someone beat me to it. I was gonna say go over where the guy stripped the grass off, some of the deeper stuff might now be findable. Good luck.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And don't forget to find out where they are putting the dirt they removed! ;)

Congrats on your finds and good luck on your return.

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread