old knob and first non clad "coin"...

troyer16

Jun 16, 2013
new york
Detector(s) used
ace 250/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well i detected my buddies house today which was built in the mid 1800's. I found this old knob first. It says E C Atkins and CO Indionapolis, ID. Did some research and it appears this was a tool manufacturing company? Next I found this coin which has me stumped. Appears to be some sort of commerative medal/coin or something. It has the US Capital on the front on and the back it has the history of the building on it. It says "Corner stone laid by George Washington in 1783 building burned in 1814 restored for use of congress in 1817" then says something about the dome but I cant read it. it appears a member here found the same coin a while ago but I am still confused on what exactly it is, and of course a value. Any help? Sorry for the crappy pictures, ill try to get better ones later. here is a link to a thread of a member who found the same coin. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/137695-corner-stone-laid-george-washington-1793-a.html

Attachments

• coin 1.jpg
    coin 1.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 93
  • coin 2.jpg
    coin 2.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 91
  • knob.jpg
    knob.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 92
  • knob1.jpg
    knob1.jpg
    939.1 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 1

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The knob looking is more than likely a saw nut.

OP
OP
T

troyer16

Jun 16, 2013
new york
Detector(s) used
ace 250/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ah yes you're right about the saw nut

Bayou Joe

Mar 20, 2013
Milton Florida
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Excalibur II Fisher CZ21, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold,
Garret, Vibra Pro,
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, plus some old Dinosaurs.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think its a game token from the presidents game. I found one the other day, was all excited thinking I found some rare coin with President Hayes on it. Still a cool find, sure beats those Lincolns.

OP
OP
T

troyer16

Jun 16, 2013
new york
Detector(s) used
ace 250/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think its a game token from the presidents game. I found one the other day, was all excited thinking I found some rare coin with President Hayes on it. Still a cool find, sure beats those Lincolns.

Any idea what year?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions