Treasure hunting between tenants

kfetters

May 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everybody! I had to share this find today.
I own a cleaning company. We sometimes do move out cleanings to get apartments ready for the next tenant. Had one today. Was told to keep or throw away anything left behind. Tucked away in a cabinet was this zip-lock baggie of coins. 52 quarters and 2 Dollar coins! Also some dimes, nickles and pennies. The quarters span from 2010 to 1962. So even though I couldn't get out to detect the dirt due to weather, SCORE!! Ya buddy!! My largest all inclusive coin find ever. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for looking and good luck hunting.. Kenny :)

Attachments

• 6-25 justin find.jpg
    6-25 justin find.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 3

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! How many of the quarters were silver? Was it just the one 1962?

OP
OP
K

kfetters

May 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys! 1 1962. The rest started at 65. Thanks for the heads up! I haven't spent anything that I've found yet. Still have to learn about the different values. That would be my first silver quarter though I think. Have to go through everything again and double check.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, way to go! That is a pretty good haul to find while cleaning up a place. Were there any chairs or sofa's? I always check these out.

I used to go to Car Auctions with a friend and they had quite a few hard to sell cars due to problems sitting on one side of the lot. I would check the cars out to see what was needed to get them going and most would have the floor boards, ashtrays and between the seat storage areas loaded with coins. I was never able to purchase any of the cars but I went home several times $3 to $5 richer!:happysmiley:

Frank

OP
OP
K

kfetters

May 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, thanks guys!! Hunstman, No sofa or chair at this one.. but I check when there is. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread