Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Park Hunt (Gold) updated

Went out today to hit the Old Park again today. I was with a new detecting buddy. He just got his first detector yesterday and I was giving him some tips. He was following me around so when I got a good tone I wanted him to hear what to listen for in a good tone. The area we were hunting was a area that several good detectorist have gone over the past few weeks including me. I got a low tone that was very iffy. I thought it might be a pull-tab or a nickel. I decided to dig it and am I glad I did. It turned out to be a 32nd Degree Mason Pendant from I believe is from about 1880's. This is known by the owners name which is engraved inside. My buddy heard me calling out saying I found gold. He just chuckled and thought I was joking at first till he looked at my face. He came over and could not believe it's condition. I am still shaking over it. Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 1,580
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 1,584
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 1,755
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    328.4 KB · Views: 1,603
Last edited:
Upvote 70
OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, congrats! By the way, was there any clues on it that may lead to the Knights Templar Treasure? :treasurechest: Just kidding but it would be intriguing if there was some sort of code included on the pendant.

Frank

Thanks Huntsman53. You live in the area I would love to live. Not far from my buddy Richard of Backwoods Detector Sales.

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Minelab Excalibur ii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Richard is a great businessman. I bought 2 of my detectors from him. The local guys here wasn't to concerned about selling anything to me, retail, pooh!

N_E_W_D_I_G_G_E_R

Jun 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
fisher f2 double d and standard 8 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awsome find ive seen something like that before, i believe it was at the museum room in the old sturbridge villiage in sturbridge ma.
hh! and nice find!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY nice score!

Steve

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
hirstmusic; there is actually a 33rd degree that is attainable. They are pretty rare, and are only awarded to those who have gone above and beyond in the org.

henryinpanama

Jun 29, 2013
Panama, Rep of Panama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a lot more than just a 32d degree medal. It incorporates the Square and Compasses symbolizing the Blue Lodge, or foundation of Freemasonry. Membership in a Blue Lodge is required to become a 32d or York Rite member. The 2 headed eagle is the symbol of Scottish Rite Freemasonry, and the Cross symbolizes York Rite Masonry. There is another unofficial, and frowned upon by some Grand Lodges, symbol alluding to the password of a Master Mason. Here is a link to more information.

York Rite and Scottish Rite Pendant

Quite a find. Congratulations.

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a lot more than just a 32d degree medal. It incorporates the Square and Compasses symbolizing the Blue Lodge, or foundation of Freemasonry. Membership in a Blue Lodge is required to become a 32d or York Rite member. The 2 headed eagle is the symbol of Scottish Rite Freemasonry, and the Cross symbolizes York Rite Masonry. There is another unofficial, and frowned upon by some Grand Lodges, symbol alluding to the password of a Master Mason. Here is a link to more information.

York Rite and Scottish Rite Pendant

Quite a find. Congratulations.

Thanks henryinpanama. Great info

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awsome find ive seen something like that before, i believe it was at the museum room in the old sturbridge villiage in sturbridge ma.
hh! and nice find!

Thanks NEWDIGGER. I have been told by many Masons that they have never seen one. Custom Piece.

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we need to take you with us kickit!

TreasureNet by iPhone

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure he will love the minelab detectors. He is just so busy, I cant get him to meet up to go decting with mine.

{Silverado}

Aug 18, 2013
Went out today to hit the Old Park again today. I was with a new detecting buddy. He just got his first detector yesterday and I was giving him some tips. He was following me around so when I got a good tone I wanted him to hear what to listen for in a good tone. The area we were hunting was a area that several good detectorist have gone over the past few weeks including me. I got a low tone that was very iffy. I thought it might be a pull-tab or a nickel. I decided to dig it and am I glad I did. It turned out to be a 32nd Degree Mason Pendant from I believe is from about 1880's. This is known by the owners name which is engraved inside. My buddy heard me calling out saying I found gold. He just chuckled and thought I was joking at first till he looked at my face. He came over and could not believe it's condition. I am still shaking over it. Happy Hunting.

Nice find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread