Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi jimmygoat! i found some things, but need to mark out locations first. In the upper left corner is old placer ground, SE of that is a neat network of gold veins. Just at the SE edge of the veins is a tunnel. I'm not sure if this is the gold cache you're looking for, it is in the tunnel. More areas of placer ground in spots...will post the photo when finished.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmygoat :thumbsup: Wow, I surpised to find so many caches. Plenty of old placer mining places here, marked by red Xs. Light colored Xs are caches with silver bars in them. Light circles with a number inside, silver coin caches...1=6-7 feet deep 2=4 feet deep 3 & 4=5 feet deep. Plain light circles are gold coin caches, most under 4 feet deep. Red circles, caches containing gold bars.

Then I found tunnels with a gold bar cache. The area around it is a mass of gold veins running through the spot. :icon_sunny:

Edit-I pulled the marked photo so that his search area is concealed to public view.

OP
OP
jimmygoat

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Wow, where do I start? Well I've got a few ideas. Thanks for dowsing my image Red Desert. Interesting eh Jon? Merry Christmas to all. Jimmygoat

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmygoat said:
Wow, where do I start? Well I've got a few ideas. Thanks for dowsing my image Red Desert. Interesting eh Jon? Merry Christmas to all. Jimmygoat

Interesting, eh Jon? What are you trying to say? I don't understand your question?
Jon

OP
OP
jimmygoat

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Hi Jon, I had you dowse a topo for me of a bigger area as I was looking for something else and you marked almost the same area as Red Desert for the tunnel. :icon_thumleft: Merry Christmas. Jimmygoat

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmygoat said:
Hi Jon, I had you dowse a topo for me of a bigger area as I was looking for something else and you marked almost the same area as Red Desert for the tunnel. :icon_thumleft: Merry Christmas. Jimmygoat

There can be a slight difference between the maps. I've noticed in GE maps of mountain areas...sometimes there is some perspective. When you click grid from the menu in GE, the coordinate grid may in places be running on an angle. This is because of mountain slopes, especially as they run off into the horizon.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Jimmy…..Try to locate the cave with your rods…Then just follow it to the entrance..Art

Attachments

• 1115.jpg
    1115.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 300

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmygoat said:

Hello Jimmygoat,
I had to rewind the mind a ways back to remember you, but I thought this may be you and could'nt remember if it was a map or photo I helped you with.... I can't remember what I did a half hour ago sometimes! (lol) Good to hear from you again. Even if the photo is roughly the same scale as the topo, I feel the picture is better to use. I feel the picture is representation of the surface and a topo is interpretation.
I won't be able to get too in depth on your picture until the 1st of Jan., but I will do a guide dowse (quick scan) for now and research the picture further in a week or so.
Happy Holidays!
Jon

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jimmygoat,
I'm going to go with my original dowse I did for you on the topo maps.
In addition, here is what was revealed while going over your picture.
Green square area is a large, shallow pocket of gold placer/nuggets.
White circled areas are gold/silver bars.
White triangle area is a filled in mine shaft.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• tnetjgoatdowsed.jpg
    tnetjgoatdowsed.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 198

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread