Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never dug a credit card, although I have found wallets and purses that contained them and returned them to the owner. I did dig a Brass Social Security card once, and was able to return it to the owner.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure they replaced it by now I would just toss it out destroy it once I returned a ring and turns out it was stolen in a burglary something like that can go sideways quick I will return rings but credit

cards a little iffy

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a nice leather wallet with no cash or credit cards in it but some of the the card pockets had thing like store loyalty cards and also a phone card for making cheap-rate international calls. The latter had a "lost or stolen" number on it, so I called it. Obviously they wouldn't give me details of the owner but they said they would make contact and ask him/her to call me if they wanted the items returned.

The owner did call me to say the wallet had been lifted from their jacket while it was over the back of a chair in a local bar and asked it he could come and pick it up. Despite my protestations, he gave me a bottle of wine as a thank you.

OP
OP
caretaker

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trez, I found a Brass Social Security card once too, cleaning out a house , the guy died 30 years before and a lot of his stuff was left, they are cool

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I eyeballed a Starbucks gift card in it's little envelope while out metal detecting. Since it was in its little envelope/package, I picked it up and later checked on line to find that it was a valid $25 gift card. Sold it to my business partner for $20 since I don't drink coffee and never go into Starbucks. Gas was most certainly covered for the next several outings.

I found a mans wallet on the onramp at Youngfield and I-70 EB here in Denver metro. It was chock full of credit cards and his ID, etc., but only one dollar in cash. I was able to find a phone number for him and called. He was glad to hear from me and after I mailed him his wallet with entire contents undisturbed, he mailed me back a $20.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a leather wallet , the only reason i dug it it had a penny in it sent it back to da owner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread