Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Rock 'Smoke House'

I took my Grandson to a place that I had gotten permission to hunt, the rock building was evidently used for a 'smoke House' at one time, but now is full of junk & a few 'collectibles'.
The old barn had collapsed in a heap, & the well & water trough, & house foundation were all that were left beside the smoke house.
we found lots of 'rusty relic's, plus old mowing machine, & there were several 'collectibles' in the rock bldg, Ice box, push mower, oil can, etc...
Posted our digs on Relic's.
He stayed with me for a half hour, then started collecting 'worms', he said he wanted to find 'some Gold'.

Fossis..................

Attachments

• rock house 005.JPG
    rock house 005.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 304
  • rock house 011.JPG
    rock house 011.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 293
  • rock house 020.JPG
    rock house 020.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 291
  • rock house 015.JPG
    rock house 015.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 291
  • rock house 016.JPG
    rock house 016.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 295
  • rock house 014.JPG
    rock house 014.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 285
  • rock house 017.JPG
    rock house 017.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 278
  • rock house 012.JPG
    rock house 012.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 259
Re: Old Rock 'Smoke House'

Very nice love the pics! We have a push mower in the flower bed where it looks really great and a old wood ice box in the house it has our stereo on top and all the old 33 lps inside!

Mental Granny said:
Very nice love the pics! We have a push mower in the flower bed where it looks really great and a old wood ice box in the house it has our stereo on top and all the old 33 lps inside!

Thanks Evy, I may try to buy some of this stuff, the bottom 'rotted out' of the box, but it may be fixable.
that's a great idea for your old 'ice box'.

Fossis................

Jeffs parents gave it to us it was his grand dads! His mom had used it for the same thing I use it for! And even with the old mower being rusty it still looks great in the flower bed!

hey frank...have a good vacation?

oh, sorry fossis...great shots...looks like treasure central. :thumbsup:

i love old farm equipment.

aa battery said:

Glad you found your other a. ;D

Fossis...................

pippinwhitepaws said:
hey frank...have a good vacation?

oh, sorry fossis...great shots...looks like treasure central. :thumbsup:

i love old farm equipment.

Me too

Fossis................

Looks like a lot of neat stuff around there, I love exploring old farm sites.

I like the ice box and the ol' wheeled contraption (what is it?). I used a mower like that many times as a kid; I won't even look at one without a motor anymore. :wink:

Great pics, Fossis. MG, I still call the refrigerator the ice box, cause that's what I always heard growing up. People have no clue what I'm talking about!

Nick keep workin on um! Thats the only way to get them to cave in! :icon_sunny:

RG I still call it the ice box most of the time, sometimes I will say fridge!

Fossis, Another great adventure with the Grandson! You should have told him they kept the gold in that oil can, black gold that is. :D

Muddy Feet said:
Looks like a lot of neat stuff around there, I love exploring old farm sites.

Thanks, we still have the house foundation to look over.

Fossis..............

packerbacker said:
I like the ice box and the ol' wheeled contraption (what is it?). I used a mower like that many times as a kid; I won't even look at one without a motor anymore. :wink:

That is a 'horse drawn mowing machine', the seat is missing, & the sicle bar is lying on theground out of sight, but there was a complete set of a'double tree & two single trees' connected, (they were used to hook the chains on the horses harness to the 'implement being pulled'.
I have used the 'push mower' myself, much prefer the 'newer models'. :thumbsup:

Fossis...............

Cant wait to see more pics from that spot! :icon_sunny: and the house foundation!

RGINN said:
Great pics, Fossis. MG, I still call the refrigerator the ice box, cause that's what I always heard growing up. People have no clue what I'm talking about!

I know lots of 'older folks' who never changed to the word 'refrigerator'. :-[

Fossis.....................

Cant wait to see more pics from that spot! :icon_sunny: and the house foundation!

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
I really like the Early American Colonial Toilet Seat in the 5th picture ... ;D

Just kidding ... Actually I am quite jealous ...

I have been begging to go hunt some property with an old falling down barn I know of ... I keep getting the big NO ... Even though I assure them they are not responsible if I should get hurt ... :(

Nice Pictures & Thanks for sharing ...

~ Nick ~

Thanks Nick, it's a shame that the 'Treasures' will slowly rust & rot away, but some folks are that way.

Fossis..............

sir i forgot to mention that when hard times hit your state many okies came to the central valley in California to find a new start but were ridiculed by people who also had to start anew. I am whitness to many families from Oklahoma that brought a sound work ethic and a healthy fear of God. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back