Old sayings

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Ten miles away from me in Butterfield Missouri a man vanished a few years ago. It was a situation where a woman was cheating on her husband. The fellow was fed to hogs according to sources. But it hasn't been proven. We don't have CSI here :) With a little thought it isn't hard to get away with murder around here.
according to sources huh ? now you're a source ? so who wound up eatin the hogs after ? were'nt they like devil hogs ? vampire hogs ? no were wolf hogs. mmm mmm ! surprise ! now you're gonna have FBI dere. keep me informed. i want my share of the reward.

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
according to sources huh ? now you're a source ? so who wound up eatin the hogs after ? were'nt they like devil hogs ? vampire hogs ? no were wolf hogs. mmm mmm ! surprise ! now you're gonna have FBI dere. keep me informed. i want my share of the reward.

Hogs will eat anything. You would know that if you wasn't a Yankee. Our police are not like some tv show.
No reward offered. The hogs undoubtedly ended up on the shelves.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hogs will eat anything. You would know that if you wasn't a Yankee. Our police are not like some tv show.
No reward offered. The hogs undoubtedly ended up on the shelves.

Yankees think of "piggies" when you say hog. Kinda like this:

tuskv-cute.png

When folks around here think of hogs, we have this in mind:

Wild-Boar_Photohuntercourse.com_.jpg

BTW, them big ol toofers are really razorblades, and he knows how to use em. Had to try to defend myself agin one with only a 3' long 2 X 4 --- but it gave me enough time to get into the back of the pickup truck.

Attachments

• e7393217a6c80f4b74cc1d6bbb52be5a.jpg
    e7393217a6c80f4b74cc1d6bbb52be5a.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1690795

View attachment 1690804

BTW, them big ol toofers are really razorblades, and he knows how to use em. Had to try to defend myself agin one with only a 3' long 2 X 4 --- but it gave me enough time to get int lo the back of the pickup truck.
ree
One of my relatives spent a long time up a tree with some of those pychos waiting for him to come down.
They are starting to move into Missouri from Arkansas.
I expect some deer hunter is gonna get surprised. Domestic hogs are just as dangerous if you cause one of their kids to squeal. Wish I was back on a little Missouri farm.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used

View attachment 1690795

View attachment 1690804

BTW, them big ol toofers are really razorblades, and he knows how to use em. Had to try to defend myself agin one with only a 3' long 2 X 4 --- but it gave me enough time to get into the back of the pickup truck.
only a yankee should know how a yankee would think. thats why things get so confusing. OK you dont see me going and making assumptions how you think DO YA ? i would be entertained to see him whistle "all i want for christmas is my two front teeth" ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Mannnn, you really don wanna go dere. BTW, you wanna go gator huntin? I'll show you a great way to bait dem ...

"jes like my great grandpa used to do." LOL!!!

Dat's another old saying.

i think i know where this is going ? sure ! only if you let me use your biggest gun and lots of bullets. i hear gator is good eatin ? all though thats still hear say.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i think i know where this is going ? sure ! only if you let me use your biggest gun and lots of bullets. i hear gator is good eatin ? all though thats still hear say.

Nah, we not gonna do it like them guys on TV. We're gonna do it like my great grandfather did:

You grab a hatchet --- the short kind because they're more accurate. Put da bait in the pirogue and pull it behind you until you reach your hunting spot.

While the bait is splashing around, you stand still like a cypress tree scanning the water. When you spot one coming, pick up the bait and put em back in the pirogue but tell em to keep splashing in the water. You better put em back in the boat because they mama will skin you alive if something happen to one of her children.

Then, when he gets close enough, come down with that hatchet and dispatch him. No guns. Do you realize that every time you fire a gun it costs you money? Cajuns is poor people, and us half bleed cajuns is even poorer. Besides, you never have to reload that hatchet.

Now, you roll that gator into the pirogue and put the bait back in the water and . . .

"Let's do it again" --- another old saying.

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fish or cut bait.
Wonder if ol Nomad would volunteer to be towed behoind the pirogue. That would save even more money as long as you snatched back in on time.
Or...tie a rope around his waist, give him the hatchet and let him stand in the swamp while everyone watches for a gator coming for him.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Fish or cut bait.
Wonder if ol Nomad would volunteer to be towed behoind the pirogue. That would save even more money as long as you snatched back in on time.
Or...tie a rope around his waist, give him the hatchet and let him stand in the swamp while everyone watches for a gator coming for him.

Man, we's be havin some fun back home gator huntin. It's almost as much fun as going into someone's house and takin back the stereo system and bunk beds they ain't payin for.

My motto back then was "If YOU don't pay, IT don't stay!"

One Saturday mornin, went into a crack house to repo a stereo. My partner told me he had permission from the householder to grab the stereo, so I agreed to help. They had put black trash bags over all the windows so you couldn't see in. We walked in the front door and John turns around and tells me to be quiet. Stereo is still blasting, but you can't see anything in this place until your eyes adjust to the darkness.

I'm following behind him, and as my eyes start adjusting I can see passed out folks everywhere. On the coffee table there are drugs, money, and some pistols. John turns around and reminds me "Ok buddy, we need to be quiet so we don't wake anyone."

This stereo is gonna take two trips for each of us to get it out. John reaches over and slowly lowers the volume and then unplugs the main unit and disconnects the speakers. He reminds me to be quiet and we start removing the property. This was leased equipment, so it belonged to our employer not the householder.

We made it out with no issues --- but it was a rush doing it. Almost as much fun as gator hunting, and nearly as dangerous.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Fish or cut bait.
do you have a mean streak in ya ? or are your hemorrhoids swelling up again ?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
do you have a mean streak in ya ? or are your hemorrhoids swelling up again ?

Gotta understand southern humor to get what he said. We're a bit different here and like to pick on each other, no harm meant.

On the other hand, some folks from up north have brain cells that stay frozen all year which limits their ability to think. I remember I worked with a couple of guys from Minnesota. After 2 years in Louisiana, one still had so many frozen brain cells that he wanted to be called "horse breath." Go figure.

"Tell ya mama an them I axed how she was doin." --- Old New Orleans saying from back in the day.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Gotta understand southern humor to get what he said. We're a bit different here and like to pick on each other, no harm meant.

On the other hand, some folks from up north have brain cells that stay frozen all year which limits their ability to think. I remember I worked with a couple of guys from Minnesota. After 2 years in Louisiana, one still had so many frozen brain cells that he wanted to be called "horse breath." Go figure.

"Tell ya mama an them I axed how she was doin." --- Old New Orleans saying from back in the day.
see you paid no attention to how many anti depressants i took ? i found out too late. why do you think they refer to them as 'SHRINKS' so cut me some slack ? will ya ? can ya ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used

i'll tell momma you said hey. and you're gonna come by and cut her grass this weekend and cut her bushes too. anything else i should mention ?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
see you paid no attention to how many anti depressants i took ? i found out too late. why do you think they refer to them as 'SHRINKS' so cut me some slack ? will ya ? can ya ?

They refer to thm fellers as "shrinks" a 'cause that's what they do to your bank account.

"Who you gonna believe --- me or your lying eyes?" Warren T. Rat ("An American Tale")

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread