Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, we's be havin some fun back home gator huntin. It's almost as much fun as going into someone's house and takin back the stereo system and bunk beds they ain't payin for.

My motto back then was "If YOU don't pay, IT don't stay!"

One Saturday mornin, went into a crack house to repo a stereo. My partner told me he had permission from the householder to grab the stereo, so I agreed to help. They had put black trash bags over all the windows so you couldn't see in. We walked in the front door and John turns around and tells me to be quiet. Stereo is still blasting, but you can't see anything in this place until your eyes adjust to the darkness.

I'm following behind him, and as my eyes start adjusting I can see passed out folks everywhere. On the coffee table there are drugs, money, and some pistols. John turns around and reminds me "Ok buddy, we need to be quiet so we don't wake anyone."

This stereo is gonna take two trips for each of us to get it out. John reaches over and slowly lowers the volume and then unplugs the main unit and disconnects the speakers. He reminds me to be quiet and we start removing the property. This was leased equipment, so it belonged to our employer not the householder.

We made it out with no issues --- but it was a rush doing it. Almost as much fun as gator hunting, and nearly as dangerous.

I think I would have hid the pistols under the couch first in case they woke up :) That would be a rush but I don't think I would want to be a repo man unless I was carrying.
Now I think of it, throwing ol' Nomad in the water might cause the gators to get out.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An often repeated quote from my family, that I have never understood the origin of is:

"That's a hell of a note"

zippi

Mar 28, 2018
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are a lot of post here and I haven't read them all so if this has been mentioned I guess it was worth repeating. My grandmother use to say "sh*t fire and save matches*
and *it's gone to h*ll in a hand basket*

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack Ă— 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waterboy Waterboy turn your hat around so I think you’re coming back.

Back of this...Meaning before now.
Like... I had one of those back of this.

Go set the world on fire but don’t come home for no matches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well being a nawthuner. i'm guessing this translates to "shoot the xhit being she's 100 percent Irish she can shoot the xhit with the best of em

I see you escaped again.
Didn't know Irish girls were known for bs. News to me.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
well being a nawthuner. i'm guessing this translates to "shoot the xhit being she's 100 percent Irish she can shoot the xhit with the best of em

"Chute de chute" is the cajun french phrase for a kiddie's "slide" like you slide down then climb back up and slide down again.

Don't get stuck on da "neutral grounds".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread