Old School Knowledge

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm much more likely to believe what I read in a book, and can study and verify.......I too have a very extensive library, and membership to the local library for the volumes I don't have. It's funny now when I'm relaxing, and reading at the library, everyone else, surrounded by the shelved knowledge....spend their time fighting over time on the free computer's, only to look for what right there handy...Go figure.....Gary

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have always been an avid reader; until the last 4 or 5 years. I made a trip back to Texas in 2010. While waiting for a cousin to meet me for lunch, I went into a store that had books among a lot of other items. Between that store and a couple of others that I browsed during a 2 month+ stay, I brought home 16 or 17 books. Since then I have bought about 15, maybe 20 books. I haven't read anywhere near all of them. I believe I have about 14 or 15 still unread. We have several bookshelves that are full of books of all kinds here at home. I have gone through and read almost all of them. I haven't read as much during the last few years as I used to read. I got a certificate for reading more books from the local public library in Hillsboro, TX, than anybody else during my senior year in high school. If it wasn't for computers and forums (like Tnet!), I'd probably still read much more than I do!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread