Old site keeps on giving.

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Lovely day today. Went out for a couple of hours before dark. Found a few things. Mostly rusted stuff. But they are very interesting. Few things I"m not sure what they are. So any advise welcome.

In this picture is a mower blade, sardine can opener, shotgun end cap (Winchester NUBLACK No. 12), and a rusted nut.
3-6-10.jpg

This is a very interesting piece, not sure what it is or what it goes to. At the top it has a flap folded over, very fancy decoration on it. Flowers, stems, leaves and in between is very shinny, not sure if that is silver.
deco.jpg

The next three pictures are two pieces that are alike except one is thinker then the other, they do have one stud on them, the other is missing. I'm not sure if they are suppose to be some kind of animal or are suppose to go like the last picture suppose to be brackets for something.
lionb.jpg
lionf.jpg
lionu.jpg
THanks for looking.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
VOL1266-X said:
Nice Finds KW. Those mower sections were used on sickle mowers on horse drawn mowers too and held onto the mower bar with rivets. They are "heartstoppers" as they sound a lot better than they are on your detector because of the triangular shape. In the last 15 years, disc mowers have taken over the hay mower market but sickle mowers are still made. HH.
Thank you Vol. Most of the things I'm finding including wire and some nails are giving me good reading on the detector. Hoping for that good beeb to show silver one of these times.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Gator-Flea said:
Looks like a good day on the farm...........
Thank you Gator-Flea. It sure was.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I believe your flower & leaves item is a suspender clip. Its upside down.

Attachments

• suspender clip bird.jpg
    suspender clip bird.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 339
  • suspender clip bird.jpg
    suspender clip bird.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 334
OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
bigcypresshunter said:
I believe your flower & leaves item is a suspender clip. Its upside down.
Thank you bigcypresshunter. Mine does look something like that. It's just the nip and slot on the sides got me stupped. It's like they hook to other ones to make a string of suspenders maybe.
HH
KW

Dirtfish

Dec 27, 2009
#*&%!
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500 , Ace 250
The last three pictures are rail hooks for a wood rail bedframe.Sorry to crash your hopes , but that's all they are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread