Old West Silver dug and LOTS OF IT!

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Upvote 11
OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No comments, but thanks for all the views :icon_thumleft:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I liked and subscribed, so can I come hunt with you now? :D

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love seeing your buddies tried and true old Minelab Explorer II sucking out Seated silver. Great "old" machine for silver. Awesome scores on some wonderful old coinage. Question? I see you run a pretty nice set of various machines. How do you rate the Nokta Impact's performance compared to your other metal detectors? I probably just need to quit him hawing and purchase one for myself. Thanks for the excellent hunt and sharing it with us.:headbang:

OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I love seeing your buddies tried and true old Minelab Explorer II sucking out Seated silver. Great "old" machine for silver. Awesome scores on some wonderful old coinage. Question? I see you run a pretty nice set of various machines. How do you rate the Nokta Impact's performance compared to your other metal detectors? I probably just need to quit him hawing and purchase one for myself. Thanks for the excellent hunt and sharing it with us.:headbang:

He's like a Jedi Master with his Explorer2, he's probably one of the best detectorists I've had the pleasure to detect with, and he knows that detector inside and out, and it shows in his finds.

I need to update my machine list, I no longer have the Omega, AT-Pro or Etrac. Now I have the Red Racer, Racer 2, Impact, F75 LTD2, CZ70, and a Tesoro Mojave that hasn't left the box yet :laughing7: I like the Impact quite a bit BUT for some of these sites that're highly mineralized, a multi-frequency machine really opens the site up. Hoping that the coming Minelab Equinox will be a winner. I would say of the machines I currently have, the Racer 2 is my favorite. It's light, feature packed, yet very simple to operate, and it does a darn good job. The Impact is nice because I can change the frequency, and it has lots of modes (although I find myself using the DI3 mode 90% of the time), and I find that these highly mineralized sites hunt pretty well with the 20 kHz setting, but the mineralization still handicaps a VLF machine IMHO. I sold off my AT-Pro, it was great in iron, but I never really got very good depth with it. Same thing with the Omega, although it was great at demolition sites, just had a knack for plucking silver out of the junk, and the Etrac was too heavy, and once I moved from mostly turf hunting to mostly relic hunting, it didn't seem to do too well in the iron infested sites. The F75 is still a good machine, at the right location. I found a lot of great stuff with the F75, but I also feel that it missed a lot of stuff.

How do you like the DFX? I always wanted to try a DFX and a V3i (although the V3i looks to be a bit too complicated).

HH,
Brian

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Thanks Tom. Did you figure out that trigger guard that you found on the trip?

Yes. Mid 1800s. "Long Rifle". Fits right in with the dates of our coins.

In the meantime: Here's the final results of one of the coins of our trip (after ezest persuasion) :

20171115_193220.jpg

20171115_193337.jpg

OP
OP
Cal_Cobra

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yes. Mid 1800s. "Long Rifle". Fits right in with the dates of our coins.

In the meantime: Here's the final results of one of the coins of our trip (after ezest persuasion) :

20171115_193220.jpg

20171115_193337.jpg

That cleaned up nicely :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions