"Old" XLT vs. "New" XLT--any differences?

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
"Old" XLT vs. "New" XLT--any differences?

Hi,

I'm considering buying a Spectrum XLT that is about 5-6 years old. I notice that White's no longer uses the Spectrum as part of its brand, but aside from that, is there anything different about XLT's from 2000 and those from today? What, in other words, am I giving up by going with a Spectrum over a new detector, besides the warranty? Is there a difference in the processor? In the factory-set programs? Or is an XLT an XLT regardless of the external package? Anyone know?

Thanks,

Mike

OP
OP
MikeOregon

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Re: "Old" XLT vs. "New" XLT--any differences?

Hi,

After calling White's, I can now answer this question, but I will leave it posted in case anyone else may be curious. There is no difference--it's just cosmetic, between the Spectrum XLT and the currently-sold version

Mike

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Thanks for answering your own question Mike! I just bought a used one myself, should be here next week.
kenb

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't believe the factory....what do they know. I demonstrated that it was possible to click through the menu's on the E-Series quicker than the older XLT's. The no difference (except decals and a price rise) then changed to a faster display processor used on the E-Series and the last runs of the previous model.
This gives no performance gain what so ever so get what suits your pocket.
I was also told not to buy the Bigfoot coil. I did and it paid for itself in two weeks and hundreds of times over since.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions