oldest coin found

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't tell snyone, but mine is a WILLOW TREE SHILLING. Last value on this condition $80,000.00.
HH! Chris

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find TreasureDog! 8)

So far mine is an 1802 draped bust large cent.

Southerngent, are you serious? :o

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Find identified as an "As" of the Roman Emporer Tiberius found at a Roman villa site outside Augsburg, Germany in 1974. It was holed and most likely was captured by someone fighting for Herman the German when he destroyed the Roman legion on the Lek River. Oldest find in the US was a 1745 Dutch East Indies duit that I found at the pirate camp (Lafitte) in Barataria Bay in the early 1970s. exanimo, ss

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I am serious. It was found in a friends yard not very far from my home. I have no idea how it got there but I sure am glad it did! ;D HH! Chris

L

lookstwice

i'm pretty sure that coins can't walk, but wouldn't be interesting if they could talk...great finds!

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
I just started posting, My oldest is an 1843 Dahlonega $5 gold piece. it is to be in an up coming issue of W&E. i have to figure out how to post the picture out here for everybody.

spudkin100

Jan 15, 2005
my coin is a 1460s edward the 4th of england.i found in a feild near a castle in ireland that is where i live

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
You guys listed some old ones. here's mine

Attachments

• Coin A.JPG
    Coin A.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 559
  • Coin A.JPG
    Coin A.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 523
S

sal1966

1733 BRITISH HALF CENT. FOUND 2 INCHES DOWN ON PATH,UNDER DARK SKYS AND POURING RAIN.

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Hi Folks.....

Newbie here....
While excavating a Swedish Cabin site we unearthed a 1724 Hibernia and a 1785 Nova Constellatio. I suppose they were in average shape. Any ideas of their appr. value? And are they rare?

Thanx in advance,

root

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 2 different? NOVAS, for that year I can find. Value in VERY Good Condition anywhere from $85.00 up to $90? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?the Hibernia, $65 & $110? ? ? ? ? in Very Good? ? ? ? ? ?NO LESSER CONDITIONS OR VALUES in the Red Book I see ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Western Schuylkill County, Porter Twp. Joliett. How About You ? SWEEDISH CABIN ? S.E. of Me ? :)

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Hi Jeff.....

I'm 5 miles west of Philly in Delaware County. Swedish Cabin is in Drexel Hill on Darby Creek circa 1650. In '89 we dug the site under the direction of 2 archaeologists and found over 2000 artifacts inc. buttons,coins,French flints,clay marbles, one indian hide scraper etc. etc. I went to the Williamson School and my roomate was from Schuylkill County(Pine Grove). His name was Claire Newswanger. His family owned a school bus co. As soon as I learn the ins and outs of my new Prizm IV I am going to peruse the cabin area for artifacts.

Later,

root

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, I thought it had to be in that area of the State. As The Swedes Settled all along the Delaware & South to My (RESEARCH) Recollection. Awsome they let you Keep some Finds.? ? ? ? ? ? Pine Grove is about 3 mile South of me. the School Bus Company, I believe your Talking About is now under a different name may actually be " NEWHURST" & there is a CLAIR in rd-3 Pine grove . names actually Familiar, I wouldn't doubt we met somewhere. Good Luck at the Cabin site & Happy Hunting John? ; jeff

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1723 Spanish 2 reale. Have some LC's that might be older but no dates but this coin has a very clear date on it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1720's 0r '30's Hibernia Half cent. No date visable, but still my oldest

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my oldest is a 1880 IHC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread