Oldest Coin from CRH?

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Just out of curiosity, and because I was just notified of this section of TreasureNet, but what is the oldest coin found while CRH? Personally I've got 2 Barber Halves (1906O and 1907) and 2 V Nickels (1902 and 1912D). Also have found 3 IHCs, but none with discernible dates on them. I'm sure my personal records can be topped, but what are all your personal oldest coins?

Upvote 0
My oldest is an 1898 Indian Head 1¢. I found it in 1996 and eleven years later I still haven't topped it, though I came close with an 1899 Liberty 5¢ in 2005.

The all-time record has to go to Coin World's Bill O'Rourke who found an authentic "widow's mite" in a roll of dimes. They date back to the time of Jesus!

Immy said:
The all-time record has to go to Coin World's Bill O'Rourke who found an authentic "widow's mite" in a roll of dimes. They date back to the time of Jesus!

Yeah, kinda hard to top that one. ;D

My oldest coin is a 1883 "No cents" V-Nickel found in 2006.

Also found a couple of other V-Nickels including 1900 and a 8 Indian head pennies (oldest is 1902).

Mine is a very recent find.....a 1921 Morgan dollar. No, I take that back....a 1918 penny.

for me it was a few weeks ago a 1909 great Brit half penny in a roll of half dollars

My wife found a 1899 penny at Walgreens. She also found a 1906 D barber half. She found the oldest and the nicest walker I got so far too. She must be good luck.

From CRH I found a 1892 Columbian Commemorative half dollar.

The oldest coin that I have found is a 1886-O Morgan, found when asking tellers for big IKE dollars.

65GT350

1878 IHC.

Also I found an ancient from Parthia. But it was with my MD along the Columbia River. No idea how it got there ???

My oldest "coin" is a Civil War token. The oldest actual coin is an 1865 Indian Head Cent. My oldest silver is a 1906 Barber Dime.

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back