Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
1227048090.jpg

1227048009.jpg

1227047997.jpg

In the first pic you can see in is a solid piece of steel ,then they added the wooden handle.Anyone ever seen one like this?

Upvote 0
Yep, sure have, I think I have one in my garage, somewhere. It is an early screwdriver, maybe the 1920's or so. Nice find and in really great shape. Congrats. By the way, there is one on ebay for sale right now and the
starting bid is $9.99

HH,Ringfinder

i still use a similar one at work! they dont make tools like they used to. :wink:

I have a set of them from 2 1/2 inches long all the way up to about 18 inches long. they are really nice drivers and chisels........NGE

I have 3 of them. I got them from old timers who have passed away.

Attachments

• DSC00975 (Small).JPG
    DSC00975 (Small).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,170
  • DSC00977 (Small).JPG
    DSC00977 (Small).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 845
I think those are B-4 screws. What came firts the screw or the screwdriver?

VERY NICE SCREWDRIVER.BETTER THAN WHAT YOU BY TODAY. :thumbsup:

Da screw came first, our government invented it! ;D.........NGE (T)

I don't know when they stopped making them, but I have bought new ones within the last 15 years or so.

I have alot of craftsmen tools,I'll never buy it again.....
I have never heard of irwin befor. Seems I should explore the real world??...lol
You can tell it is built to last, no doubt about it.Now that I have found this one, I'll have to try and get a complete set....

Very cool Mr. Jody...
Tnet sure makes it a small world. I just recently acquired this one (shown below) from a yard sell. I bought a large bucket of older tools for only $5. It had a lot of neat items in it and I couldn't pass it up...
screwdriver.jpg

I noticed all of the ones posted so far are all marked different. The one I have here must not be quite as old as yours or extractor's.
This one measure 8-1/2" in length...
Have a great day, Leon...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back